Premed 101 Forums

Applying to Medicine as a Pharmacist

• 1 month later...

Your GPAs for UofA and UofC are not a death knell, given you are IP status there.  If you can boost up the other areas of your application, you for sure can get interviews at the 2 Albertan schools.

You need to work more on your written submissions, and continue to be involved outside of work (and within work as well, try to get on committees..work on advocacy, community involvement, professional dev etc), and yes retake the MCAT.   

• 1 year later...

Finally got some time off which means I can now get around to updating this thread.

As you can see above, my stats or anything aren't too stellar (I think I wrote the wrong UofA GPA up there though). But, through persistence (i.e. re-writing the MCAT), I was able to apply again and this time, a bit more broadly. I got accepted into UofA and am awaiting to hear back from another school later on this week. 

Hopefully that shows someone who really wants this bad enough, who has a ton of commitments (job, family, kids, etc.) that although it's tough, it's not impossible! Good luck!

Update: Got in Western as well. Don't give up!