Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill MDCM Fall 2020 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

Md2bepls

Hello Everyone

Since we’re approaching our decision date, I figured that I should start this thread so we can share our outcomes! 

Heres the template from last years thread: 

TIME STAMP: 

Result: 

Pre-req GPA: 

MCAT: 

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA):

Year: 

IP/OOP/International: 

Comments:

Wishing each and everyone of you good luck!! This journey I’m sure has been a long and hard one and I’m hoping the outcome you get is exciting! Let us just all be grateful that we made it this far, and know our accomplishment are worth so much more than what the outcome is!! 

Good-luck Future Doctors!! 

TIME STAMP: 9:09 AM

Result: Waiting List

Pre-req GPA: 3.86

MCAT: 524

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Not so great to be honest

Year: finished MSc

IP/OOP/International: OOP (Ontario)

Comments: Wasn't expecting much to be honest, so this is somewhat of a relief (though I would have much preferred an acceptance, of course!). I would reaaaaally love studying at McGill, so hopefully the wait list moves a bit.

NEVER MIND GUYS, THE RANK WAS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ON MINERVA. I AM #5 ON THE WAITING LIST. IS IT FAIR TO SAY THAT THIS IS A NEAR-CERTAIN ACCEPTANCE? I'M FREAKING OUT. WOOOOOOOOO

Good luck everyone!

1 minute ago, Applicant95 said:

Comments: Wasn't expecting much to be honest, so this is somewhat of a relief (though I would have much preferred an acceptance, of course!). I would reaaaaally love studying at McGill, so hopefully the wait list moves a bit.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the update, I hope it works out for you! Did you check minerva or got emailed?

2 minutes ago, Applicant95 said:

Good luck everyone!

Do you know your rank yet?

2 minutes ago, MDrapper said:

Thanks for the update, I hope it works out for you! Did you check minerva or got emailed?

Thanks, you too! Checked Minerva

Just now, Mel96b said:

Do you know your rank yet?

No, unfortunately. I've seen on Premed101 that they used to share that info, but I can't find it anywhere.

TIME STAMP: 9:25 AM

Result: Refused - Limited space available

Pre-req GPA: 3.1 (LOL) I know I need to redo some pre-req

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought it was pretty good, but i knew with that prereq I needed to score really high

Year: last year of my 2nd UG (nursing)

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: I'm sad because even though i didn't have a good prereq, i thought it was maybe possible to get in. Do they say limited space to everyone refused or is it something i can be happy about? Like does it mean i was close to the waitlist or am I just trying to comfort myself?

TIME STAMP: 9h34

Result: Accepted with conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pre-req GPA: 3.93/4.00

MCAT: Never wrote it

Feeling About MMI : I had a very good feeling about it!!

Year: Finished MSc, just started PhD

Comments: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING I'M CRYING

EDIT: I wonder, what are the conditions??

13 minutes ago, TomorrowsMD said:

TIME STAMP: 9:25 AM

Result: Refused - Limited space available

Pre-req GPA: 3.1 (LOL) I know I need to redo some pre-req

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought it was pretty good, but i knew with that prereq I needed to score really high

Year: last year of my 2nd UG (nursing)

Comments: I'm sad because even though i didn't have a good prereq, i thought it was maybe possible to get in. Do they say limited space to everyone refused or is it something i can be happy about? Like does it mean i was close to the waitlist or am I just trying to comfort myself?

hello it is my 4th time please keep it up. it is good that you know what you need to fix. it hurts but if it is your dream keep it up :) 

Just now, cancer_killer said:

hello it is my 4th time please keep it up. it is good that you know what you need to fix. it hurts but if it is your dream keep it up :) 

It was my first time applying and I knew too late about the process so I didn't know that they looked at prereq unfortunately. But I'll check at the results to see if it's only that that dragged me down too much. IF it's that it's an easy fix, it just takes time and dedication. Good luck to you!!

TIME STAMP: 10:00

Result: Refused - Limited space available

Pre-req GPA: 3.66

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt good leaving out of it...  Not sure what happened. :unsure:

Year: Last year of UG

Comments: Disappointed, but it was my first time applying. I am happy for all of you who got accepted or waitlisted :) Congratulations!

1 minute ago, Redroses said:

Do people know if they are going in the alphabetical order this year perhaps. I am seeing both rejections and acceptances. I know last year they had updated rejections before acceptances.

It's a possibility! It would make sense for me (B)