Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill MDCM Fall 2020 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

Md2bepls

TIME STAMP: 

Result: 09:40

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

MCAT: ---

Feeling About MMI: These MMIs gave me a sinking feeling despite having done many before. At the writing station, I only got a few lines typed out...

Year: Two years post-MSc with a career

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: I have been waiting many many years for this exciting news!!!

TIME STAMP: 10:40 AM

Result: Waitlist--MTL #1

Pre-req GPA: 3.93

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): 2nd time interviewing. Felt amazing my first time, got rejected straight away. This time was unsure about a few stations, but felt I tried my best.

Year: 1st Year MSc. 

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: Cautiously freaking out of happiness but a key question: After clicking the waitlist link, it says "Date of latest offer: March 25th". Can anyone confirm what this means? Will they offer a spot to the waitlist today or is today the last day they can offer a spot? Any insight would be appreciated!! 

2 minutes ago, thethirdlaw said:

Date of latest offer is when the most recent WL acceptance was sent out, they'll update the date as more are sent. Don't expect movement until other schools give out offers. 

Appreciate it!! Safe to say that the waitlist moves a bit at McGill? Should i anticipate an acceptance, and start preparing immunizations, BCLS etc.? 

1 hour ago, TomorrowsMD said:

TIME STAMP: 9:25 AM

Result: Refused - Limited space available

Pre-req GPA: 3.1 (LOL) I know I need to redo some pre-req

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought it was pretty good, but i knew with that prereq I needed to score really high

Year: last year of my 2nd UG (nursing)

Comments: I'm sad because even though i didn't have a good prereq, i thought it was maybe possible to get in. Do they say limited space to everyone refused or is it something i can be happy about? Like does it mean i was close to the waitlist or am I just trying to comfort myself?

I'm sorry for your rejection. I wish you best of lucky next year.

Do you mind letting me know your cGPA? I'm in a similar position as you

12 minutes ago, Osler said:

TIME STAMP: 10:40 AM

Result: Waitlist--MTL #1

Pre-req GPA: 3.93

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): 2nd time interviewing. Felt amazing my first time, got rejected straight away. This time was unsure about a few stations, but felt I tried my best.

Year: 1st Year MSc. 

Comments: Cautiously freaking out of happiness but a key question: After clicking the waitlist link, it says "Date of latest offer: March 25th". Can anyone confirm what this means? Will they offer a spot to the waitlist today or is today the last day they can offer a spot? Any insight would be appreciated!! 

Hello did you only choose MTL campus? it says MTL#3 for me. thank you 

13 minutes ago, ABCD13 said:

I'm sorry for your rejection. I wish you best of lucky next year.

Do you mind letting me know your cGPA? I'm in a similar position as you

The cGPA for my 2nd UG is 3.800/4.000 after 2 years (3.846/4.300 at UdeM). But it's a professional degree (nursing) and also honorous program with some (3) master level classes so that helps the academic context (10% of the 70% for cGPA)

TIME STAMP: 10:39 ish

Result: MTL Waitlist (Top 10)

Pre-req GPA: 3.6

MCAT: 513

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): First time doing the MMI. Thought it was fun but challenging and walked out thinking I had dropped the ball. There were only like 2-3 stations that I thought I did well in. I didn't use any resources to prepare - I just went into it being myself.

Year: Working as a Pharmacist for almost a year. Previously completed a 4 year undergrad prior to my Pharm.D

Comments: So incredibly grateful to have gotten an interview and now to be on the waitlist. A little worried that the waitlist will not move too much for awhile due to other schools cancelling interviews given the global situation, but I remain hopeful! This has been a dream of mine for a very long time - don't give up if you guys really want it.

So I noticed that this year McGill interviewed way fewer people for OOP (40 vs the typical 54/55). I’m wondering how this might affect waitlist movement? From my understanding IP and OOP have separate wait lists, so if people from those pools drop an acceptance, then people get off the waitlist. Since they probably accepted fewer OOP people this year, does that mean there may be less waitlist movement for OOP? 

TIME STAMP: 10:40

Result: MTL admitted

Pre-req GPA: 3.65

MCAT: 519

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Found it very fun and interesting, wanted to repeat it just for the experience lmfao. 

Year: 1st year post UG 

Comments: Last year got waitlisted/rejected post-interview from other schools (no interview at McGill) so this is kinda nice 

Posting for a friend, her account is not working!!!

TIME STAMP: 10:04 AM

Result: Admitted with condition

Pre-req GPA: 4.00

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I actually thought it was very fun and much less stressful than a traditional interview because you just have to be your best (professional) self and can focus entirely on the MMI situation. Some stations were better or worse than others but being that everyone was so welcoming I just left with a good feeling in general!

Year: 1st year MSc

Comments: I am so so so excited to meet my future classmates!!!! Goodluck to everyone! 

Hey everyone! Have a question :-) 

One of my friend was waitlisted in the category Rural and Small Populations Pathway (RSPP)! As she expected a rejection, she is ecstatic, but she doesn't want to get her hopes up for nothing. Does anyone here already applied as RSPP? Can anyone give feedback : does the wait list in this category usually moves or no? 

I am French, excuse my rusty English haha!

Ps : Good job on everyone one accepted, good luck on those on the waitlist, and for those who received a rejection... prove them wrong next year!