Premed 101 Forums

GPA Calculation

Hi, 

I am an OOP considering applying to Calgary. If I start a masters this coming fall, and apply fall 2021, will my graduate GPA have to be included in the GPA calculation? 

Particularly asking about this: "Applicants who have received a graduate degree (or will have prior to June 30th, 2020) will have their overall GPA from their graduate program used as equivalent to one additional year of undergraduate studies for the purposes of this calculation." Is this for people who might "need" the added year to meet min GPA or everyone? 

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's for grad applicants in general however will you complete your degree by June 30, 2021? If you're starting this year, chances are you won't complete before the start of next year's class so you might not be eligible for admissions. I also think you have to have completed the degree for the gpa to be considered so that policy might only apply to those who have already graduated at the time of application because at the time of application, you won't have grades from your grad degree to report to contribute towards your pre-interview score..

This is just my understanding/analysis of that policy and I might be wrong!