Premed 101 Forums

McGill 2020 Waitlist Support Thread

Osler

22 hours ago, hopefullythisyear said:

How many more spots do you think the QC Montreal waitlist will move? I think I'm 9th right now.

I guess people are holding on to their offers trying to navigate the COVID situation. Maybe waiting to see how schools will be changing their curriculum. It's hard to tell.

5 minutes ago, Mambi said:

IP MTL WL is at #33 now!

Being on the waitlist is such rollercoaster. I was sad at first, then saw the waitlist moving and got happy, then it stopped moving and got sad again and now it's moving again. I feel that it's more emotionally exhausting then being refused right off the bat.

I want to consider myself already refused to not hang on false hope, but it's so hard!

tenor (1).gif

Say someone gets accepted off the MTL waitlist to McGill, but maybe they are also on a waitlist for another school and so don't want to accept right away. Does anyone know how long they have to accept/decline the offer (from off the waitlist) at McGill before it goes to someone else? Is it 2 weeks, like it is for the initial round of offers? Just trying to gauge when the waitlist might start moving again.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, oneday1 said:

Yes that makes so much sense. That could be why both the waitlists haven't moved for so long 

On 5/26/2020 at 10:14 AM, simzuki said:

I guess people are holding on to their offers trying to navigate the COVID situation. Maybe waiting to see how schools will be changing their curriculum. It's hard to tell.

They will have to drop multiple offers soon since you can only hold 1 medical school acceptance.

I am currently waitlisted for the IP cohort at 57 for MTL and 22 for OUTA. 

It's currently at 35 for MTL and 16 for OUTA. So I don't know what to think/feel/do anymore. Honestly, this limbo and ray of hope has been tough.

For context, I am currently doing my MSc at McGill. I graduated from Concordia in 2018 with a gpa of 3.93/4.0 on McGill's scale. I have 4.0/4.0 prereqs. This is my third time applying, I got an interview every application but got refused post-interview for the first two times. I am happy to be on the waiting list for my third try. This is a hard process and if anyone wants to talk, feel free to message me.

Best of luck everyone!

2 hours ago, 5678 said:

I am currently waitlisted for the IP cohort at 57 for MTL and 22 for OUTA. 

It's currently at 35 for MTL and 16 for OUTA. So I don't know what to think/feel/do anymore. Honestly, this limbo and ray of hope has been tough.

For context, I am currently doing my MSc at McGill. I graduated from Concordia in 2018 with a gpa of 3.93/4.0 on McGill's scale. I have 4.0/4.0 prereqs. This is my third time applying, I got an interview every application but got refused post-interview for the first two times. I am happy to be on the waiting list for my third try. This is a hard process and if anyone wants to talk, feel free to message me.

Best of luck everyone!

I'm in the same boat as you with a very similar GPA and 4.0/4.0 prereqs, and finished my MSc last summer except I've been applying for 4 years

1st year: Interview at McGill then rejected.

2nd year: Interview at McGill then rejected.

3rd year: Waitlisted FOR an interview (usually they interview 300 people in the Quebec university category, last year they interviewed 256, I was ranked 260.) and then rejected (never got the interview).  

4th/current year: Interview at McGill then waitlisted and doesnt look like I'm going to get in.

I think it's safe to say that I definitely feel your pain :( please feel free to message me as well! Like everyone else has told me, never give up and try to stay positive! We are so so so close!

23 hours ago, ImSoStressed said:

I'm in the same boat as you with a very similar GPA and 4.0/4.0 prereqs, and finished my MSc last summer except I've been applying for 4 years

1st year: Interview at McGill then rejected.

2nd year: Interview at McGill then rejected.

3rd year: Waitlisted FOR an interview (usually they interview 300 people in the Quebec university category, last year they interviewed 256, I was ranked 260.) and then rejected (never got the interview).  

4th/current year: Interview at McGill then waitlisted and doesnt look like I'm going to get in.

I think it's safe to say that I definitely feel your pain :( please feel free to message me as well! Like everyone else has told me, never give up and try to stay positive! We are so so so close!

I really really hope you two get in. It is so close. Now it is 18 for Outaouais.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...