Premed 101 Forums

UWO online interviews - pre-record?

21 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

What did it say before as opposed to now? I didn't see a difference. Didn't someone post that they emailed admissions and they said there will be no delay?

In important dates they said that offers will be released in May 2020. It used to say April 2020!

23 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

What did it say before as opposed to now? I didn't see a difference. Didn't someone post that they emailed admissions and they said there will be no delay?

It said April/May before. But based on last years' dates and trend, it was always end of April (3 weeks after interview weekend to be more accurate). But they updated the website and now it says "May" only. My guess is that it will be early May because the physiology exam was scheduled for mid May.

27 minutes ago, dental0550 said:

It said April/May before. But based on last years' dates and trend, it was always end of April (3 weeks after interview weekend to be more accurate). But they updated the website and now it says "May" only. My guess is that it will be early May because the physiology exam was scheduled for mid May.

I wish it would be end of April so they can give students more time to study :(

1 hour ago, Amamo said:

Y'all need to relax, schulich dentistry has a lot on their hands during this time. Don't expect your acceptances to come out anytime soon. 

That's not really a fair comment. Yes, there's a lot of uncertainty but people can still speculate and anticipate the release of acceptances...

7 hours ago, Amamo said:

Y'all need to relax, schulich dentistry has a lot on their hands during this time. Don't expect your acceptances to come out anytime soon. 

Maybe not a big deal for you.... but it's not ok to be telling people to  simply "relax" when there is a significant amount of anxiety that I'm sure many people are feeling. I'd also encourage you to think about the fact that you most likely had a very different interview experience. Imagine working hard for all of your undergraduate (or even grad school) to have an experience like this.....with a virtual interview that was pretty limited in terms of being able to express the type of person you are & then having so much uncertainty regarding the timing of offers. Of course, they did (and are doing) the best thing possible given the circumstances, but it's not cool for you to make other people think that they're overreacting simply because they're worried. 

On 4/9/2020 at 8:34 PM, dental0550 said:

WOW,

Well, I feel like this statement was mainly for:
1) Current applicants who are taking pre requisites to fulfill any requirement for this cycle; since some courses are pass/fail, I believe Schulich will now allow any "Pass" grade as sufficient for meeting the requirement.
2) Future applicants - same idea, pass/fail will either not be used when calculating GPA and also can be used when fulfilling a requirement.

I don't think it will change anything (admission criteria) for this cycle. If anything, the release of offers will be delayed, because it seems that the admission committee is working on coming up with a plan regarding COVID-19 and are not yet making any decisions regarding current applicants.

where did you get this info about the pass/fail courses? I emailed them and they said they needed a grade for the pre-requisite courses!!

1 hour ago, titikam said:

where did you get this info about the pass/fail courses? I emailed them and they said they needed a grade for the pre-requisite courses!!

Hi,

My comment was solely based on my own interpretation regarding the COVID-19 statement made by the Schulich. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

To be clear: my comment was NOT based on any OFFICIAL information. 

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, datextr1 said:

Anyone know around what time the offers are released?

I am not sure about time but I know of someone who emailed the admissions asking for "dates" and the reply was: "because this is an atypical year, I am not able to anticipate any dates for the release of offers". I feel like offers wont be release in a while... =( I hope I am wrong though...can't do more days of anticipation and anxiety lol

15 minutes ago, dental0550 said:

I am not sure about time but I know of someone who emailed the admissions asking for "dates" and the reply was: "because this is an atypical year, I am not able to anticipate any dates for the release of offers". I feel like offers wont be release in a while... =( I hope I am wrong though...can't do more days of anticipation and anxiety lol

I hope it's soon for the sake of the folks who have to write the physiology challenge exam! Isn't it scheduled for mid-May?

1 hour ago, dental0550 said:

Thanks for replying and it's good to know that I'm not the only one dying of anxiety :( I hope for the best of everyone and stay positive!!!