Premed 101 Forums

Queen's POST_MMI, Panel Interview Invites

Hi Everybody,

Since Queens has now stated that only the people who have scored high on MMI + FIle Review will get a Panel Interview, I thought I would start this thread. Please post the date/time you receive a "Panel" Interview Invite. I emailed and asked when that would be and they could not even give an estimate, therefore I thought maybe we could use this thread to keep each other up to date.

Thank for participating! Please stay safe! 

44 minutes ago, FBCforreal said:

I feel like they’ll have to. Between scheduling the initial set of panels, scoring them, scheduling the waitlist, scoring them, and then making the final calls well in advance of the may12 deadline, i feel like we can expect initial invites in the next 7-10 days? 

I don't know guys. I feel like it'll take longer and I have a feeling the May 12th deadline isn't necessarily going to stand given everything that's going on right now.

I hope I'm wrong and it happens earlier, because I don't feel very good about my MMI and am super anxious to see the results.

11 minutes ago, Elle_AW said:

I don't know guys. I feel like it'll take longer and I have a feeling the May 12th deadline isn't necessarily going to stand given everything that's going on right now.

I hope I'm wrong and it happens earlier, because I don't feel very good about my MMI and am super anxious to see the results.

they seem really determined to keep the May 12th deadline, probably because of all the waitlist movement that has to happen, followed by people figuring out their finances and stuff (pretty sure Mac starts like at the end of July)

On 3/27/2020 at 3:20 PM, Elle_AW said:

Hi Everybody,

Since Queens has now stated that only the people who have scored high on MMI + FIle Review will get a Panel Interview, I thought I would start this thread. Please post the date/time you receive a "Panel" Interview Invite. I emailed and asked when that would be and they could not even give an estimate, therefore I thought maybe we could use this thread to keep each other up to date.

Thank for participating! Please stay safe! 

Is this for both groups or just those that interviewed online last weekend?

12 hours ago, MDLD said:

Hi,

sorry for maybe a stupid question. I interview on March 7th, so I wasn’t effected by the cancelation. I’m wondering what is happening for those who did not get to interview in person. 

Hey, I'm not sure. Maybe they'll wait until all panels are done before they start looking at the whole group?

I sent an email asking whether ALL of us who interviewed on the second weekend will be notified of any updates (e.g. panel invite or waitlist) or if it'll just be the candidates receiving the panel invites that will get notified. I'm waiting for their response. Will update when they respond to me. 

For those that interviewed online, will Queen's update their application status on SOLUS when panel interview invitations are sent out? Are applicants going to know earlier if they are ultimately accepted, waitlisted, or rejected?

If so, would they also update SOLUS early for in-person interviewees? :P

On 4/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, MedGoldfish said:

For those that interviewed online, will Queen's update their application status on SOLUS when panel interview invitations are sent out? Are applicants going to know earlier if they are ultimately accepted, waitlisted, or rejected?

If so, would they also update SOLUS early for in-person interviewees? :P

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that SOLUS only gets updated when you're accepted- my SOLUS status didn't change when I was offered an interview so I don't think they would change it in this case either