Premed 101 Forums

Queen's POST_MMI, Panel Interview Invites

I got invited! I also have the (insert time), as does my friend who was invited. Seems we're all in the same boat. Gotta love how Queen's has been nailing these email communications, eh?

Please let us know whenever you hear back, though I'm sure we'll all be hearing from Queen's soon regarding the interview time.

Also, out of curiosity, did anyone get a flat-out 'no', or is everyone getting either invited or waitlisted?

Congrats to everyone interviewing on Saturday 18th, and my fingers are crossed for all of you on the waitlist! Best of luck to you all!

On 3/30/2020 at 10:31 PM, FBCforreal said:

they seem really determined to keep the May 12th deadline, probably because of all the waitlist movement that has to happen, followed by people figuring out their finances and stuff (pretty sure Mac starts like at the end of July)

Mac announced Aug 10th start date. They will have to keep May 12th as logistically too much to process before the start date. 

Hi guys, congrats to those of you who will be having the opportunity to do your panel interview online, you should be proud of yourselves for being able to interview exceptionally despite the challenges of the online MMI format.

The rejection that I received is a clear one - the email states “Unfortunately, you have not been selected for a panel interview. All candidates who were offered a spot on the wait list have been contacted.”

then followed by a typical rejection blurb thanking me for my interest in queen’s, large # of applicants; and that no feedback can be provided for unsuccessful applications. 

1 minute ago, UWCC said:

Hi guys, congrats to those of you who will be having the opportunity to do your panel interview online, you should be proud of yourselves for being able to interview exceptionally despite the challenges of the online MMI format.

The rejection that I received is a clear one - the email states “Unfortunately, you have not been selected for a panel interview. All candidates who were offered a spot on the wait list have been contacted.”

then followed by a typical rejection blurb thanking me for my interest in queen’s, large # of applicants; and that no feedback can be provided for unsuccessful applications. 

Thank you for confirming this.

I'm sorry to hear you weren't successful at Queen's this cycle, but I wish you all the best if you're waiting on other schools, or on your future application cycles!  

Do the in-person applicants have to wait until May? Or did they get an “early rejection” email today as well?

I’m curious to see if ALL applicants were ranked based on their MMI score/personal file (with the in-person applicants just having their panel interview score ignored), and then Queen’s invited those of us who were ranked highly but haven’t done the panel interview yet to do so, OR if we online applicants were the only ones ranked (and therefore may only be ranked highly relative to online applicants ONLY, and not ranked highly among ALL applicants). I’m just wondering HOW good of an indication it is that we got selected for the panel. Either way, I’m grateful for this opportunity obviously, but I just have a lot of questions racing through my mind still!