Premed 101 Forums

Western Virtual Interviews Discussion

Ran smoothly, bummer was how small the actual video windows were and couldn't find a way to make them bigger or really even see myself. They also were willing to start a few minutes early since we were all "there" ... so be prepared for that once you hit "start interview" 

No clue how the actual interview went haha, now we wait.

42 minutes ago, Moonlight2 said:

Were the questions super long like last year or they were mindful of the fact that an online connection might put the interviewees perception under strain?!

Can't say what they were like last year, this was my first application cycle. They seemed a reasonable length and the interviewers were also pretty cognizant of this being a unique/perhaps challenging situation- I didn't have any connection/internet issues though, so perhaps not the best judge, but I imagine they would be generous about repeating questions or parts of questions if needed. They did also split up some questions into two parts, but not sure if that's usual or not.

10 minutes ago, anonymouspanda said:

I feel like the ethical questions were super long! I had to get them to repeat one and they also kept asking me follow up questions when I didn't answer a part of the question...I don't feel great about my performance though. 

I had a similar experience, also not feeling very good about how that went overall. Def more challenging and less personal than I expected it to be. 

I felt ok walking out. I had tech issues where the audio and video cut out quite a few times and i had to get them to repeat one of the questions 3 times, and sometimes stop my interview response mid way for it to reconnect. i hope that they are lenient on that. Apart from that, the interview went by so fast! 

To everyone, I wish you the best of luck. This wait will be brutal but we're in this together. hopefully we will all do amazing! 

I have few disconnection with one of the panel continue disconnecting, which made me very nervous and had to pause few times and re start my answer. Panel were very friendly but all had good poker faces. Questions were somewhat unexpected so I had to think about examples on spot. Not feeling I did well walking out of interview 

16 hours ago, ChocolateMed said:

i felt i was repeating myself, disorganized...lol i forgot my government id and had to ask them if i could go get it

Omg, exact same experience here!! I don’t think they minded the government ID thing too much, but I might have come off as really sloppy! And I’ve been cringing at my own disorganization and repetitions since yesterday!

1 hour ago, dooogs said:

Im obsessing about what constitutes a good answer. I felt good at the time of the interview. Now I am kind of doubting it? Halp

Same here. Just trust in your abilities and focus on 1 or 2 good things you did. Personally, I made the interviewers laugh at the beginning and end of my interview and have been trying to focus in on that.