Premed 101 Forums

FEB 2020 CANADIAN DAT

53 minutes ago, amaso said:

I was expecting them to come this morning, they usually come out after 6 weeks on the Tuesday. I wonder if due to COVID it will be closer to the 8 week mark. 

I saw somewhere that the results were delayed by 2 weeks because of COVID. I don't remember where I read that though.

7 hours ago, Unknown1234 said:

Hi All- what are your thoughts on these scores? Wrote Feb 2020

MDT- 29

PAT- 25

RC-20

-Bio & Chem 18

Pretty bummed about my science scores. 4.0 GPA, graduate degree, several published papers. Would you re-write to improve the science scores?

Give it a go this cycle. Your PAT could offset your AA for UofT. If you want to be on the safe side and you can commit again, write the Nov DAT. 

Thanks all! Yeah I'll give it some thought, may give it a go again in Nov., glad I don't have to do carving again! I think the remainder of my application should be quite strong. Looking at Dal as I will be OOP for other schools but may give UofA a go as well. 

Best of luck to anyone else in the process of applying!

19 RC

21 bio

20 chem 

21 PAT 

19 MDT 

4.0 GPA, graduate degree and some dental research experience/volunteering (with a paper being reviewed for publication currently - fingers crossed), plenty of volunteering unrelated to dentistry. 

This was my first time writing the DAT - Wondering if I should retake in November? Any suggestions? 

On 4/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, Dent1997 said:

19 RC

21 bio

20 chem 

21 PAT 

19 MDT 

4.0 GPA, graduate degree and some dental research experience/volunteering (with a paper being reviewed for publication currently - fingers crossed), plenty of volunteering unrelated to dentistry. 

This was my first time writing the DAT - Wondering if I should retake in November? Any suggestions? 

Your DAT score is average for acceptances and you have a really good GPA.  I think you have a good shot at UofT and wherever else your in province school is. McGill is also doable with your GPA! UWO might be iffy bc of your RC mark but you still have a shot bc you hit their average for RC. 

2 minutes ago, DentalNerdZ said:

Your DAT score is average for acceptances and you have a really good GPA.  I think you have a good shot at UofT and wherever else your in province school is. McGill is also doable with your GPA! UWO might be iffy bc of your RC mark but you still have a shot bc you hit their average for RC. 

totally agree! you've got a good shot 

On 4/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, Dent1997 said:

19 RC

21 bio

20 chem 

21 PAT 

19 MDT 

I have a 19 RC this year and still got an interview at western. You have a good shot!