Premed 101 Forums

Is anyone planning on re-doing their interview?

10 minutes ago, Medicine12345 said:

I know that Schulich has said that you can ask to do another interview if you had one in the 28/29th. I was just wondering if anyone is thinking of taking that route?  Had some technical difficulties during mine, so I'm heavily debating whether I should or not

wow thats interesting. do you mean defer it to next cycle? or getting a redo this cycle

7 minutes ago, FBCforreal said:

wow thats interesting. do you mean defer it to next cycle? or getting a redo this cycle

It’s a redo for this cycle! However I think you need to have huge technical difficulties during the interview (cutting out for more than 10 mins was cited somewhere in the survey), so I’m not sure if small technical blips qualify.

Asking people from march 7/8 to redo would be unfair because chances are they would do better due to their familiarity with the questions and nature of the interview. It would also add unnecessary stress to those applicants. I think what schulich did is fine and the redo was clearly only for people that actually had a lot of technical difficulties - they said they would assess your interview to see if you would qualify for this if you did request it. This also makes sense in terms of conserving/maximizing efficient use of resources. We obviously don't want to add more commitments to the already hectic schedule and stressful lives of the physician/community member/med student + admissions committee, especially not during the current state of events.

@Medicine12345 If you feel that the technical difficulties severely detracted from your interview and fit within the criteria outlined in the post-interview survey they sent out yesterday, it is fair to ask for a redo. Otherwise, I would just expand on the technical difficulties and my concerns in the post-interview survey so that they can do their best to account for similar disruptions for all those who interviewed online.

1 minute ago, notagunner said:

When and where was this announced?

It said somewhere in the post-interview survey sent out yesterday that if you feel that there were severe technical difficulties during your online interview (disruptions that lasted for more than 10 minutes, etc), you could ask for a repeat but they would need to go in and assess themselves to determine whether the repeat is in fact necessary so not a guarantee and only really provided as a last resort option!

yeah honestly if they do find a significant difference in the scoring between the two groups, I trust they will accommodate it

2 hours ago, anonymouspanda said:

@Otakumoss They emphasized that they would ensure fairness amongst the two interview groups so perhaps they would be picking 1/2 of their class from each interview weekend to rule out the effect of online/in-person interviews? who know...only time will tell!

I think (just for the sake of discussion) if the mean interview scores are different, then they’ll just bell one group of interviews down or up as opposed to taking half from each cohort; assessment of mcat, gpa, ECs or whatever their post interview weighting formula is would stay the same!