Premed 101 Forums

MCGILL MED-P 2020 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected Thread

On 5/14/2020 at 2:51 PM, Bigmacattack said:

Il y a deux étapes de sélection. Cette année, la première étape de sélection était de 10% CV, 20 % casper et 80 % dossier scolaire (cote r). Ensuite, lors de la 2e étape de sélection, Mcgill prenait uniquement les résultats du Casper (100% casper). Bref, même si tu as 40 de cote r a mcgill et que ton casper n'est pas compétitif, tu ne te fais pas accepté, car tu ne réussis pas la deuxième étape de sélection!

Merci! D’habitude c’est des MEM à la deuxième étape n’est-ce pas? 

5 minutes ago, moodog123 said:

Do you guys know how hard it is to maintain a 3.5 GPA first year at McGill?  

I know a few MED-P who had to redo their first year, but it was more because they were super excited to be in Montreal with all the cool involvments and everything. And the second time they did their Med-P, they were totally fine. :)

Hi, does anyone know if we stay in the Mtl waitlist after we decline an Outaouais offer? I chose Mtl as my preference and I believe I've just received an offer for Outaouais. It would be great not to pay the 400$ asked because I already paid for UdeM (which is my first choice if I don't get into the Mtl McGill campus), and I don't really think I'm gonna be accepted at McGill in Mtl.. Thank you! ^^

12 minutes ago, lollipopmed2020 said:

Hi, does anyone know if we stay in the Mtl waitlist after we decline an Outaouais offer? I chose Mtl as my preference and I believe I've just received an offer for Outaouais. It would be great not to pay the 400$ asked because I already paid for UdeM (which is my first choice if I don't get into the Mtl McGill campus), and I don't really think I'm gonna be accepted at McGill in Mtl.. Thank you! ^^

Hi! Unfortunately you do not stay on the mtl waitlist if you decline the Outaouais campus offer :( If you really don’t think you’re going to get an offer at the mtl campus and you don’t want to waste 400$ it’s probably wiser to decline the Outaouais offer but obviously it’s up to you!

28 minutes ago, Klark said:

Hi! Unfortunately you do not stay on the mtl waitlist if you decline the Outaouais campus offer :( If you really don’t think you’re going to get an offer at the mtl campus and you don’t want to waste 400$ it’s probably wiser to decline the Outaouais offer but obviously it’s up to you!

I see, thanks a lot for your answer! I feel like it's a risky bet because I'm 33th on the Mtl waitlist, and they currently offered until the 14th place.. so it would really surprised me to get a Mtl offer. But McGill is my first choice and it would kill me to decline Outaouais offer and see at the end of the summer that I could've had a place on Mtl campus.. Do you guys think I should pay or decline the offer? I feel like an opinion would help me :)

14 minutes ago, chowdog said:

hey does anyone know how fast the waitlist is moving with regards to previous years at this point? just so that i can compare the waitlist movement and see where it might end up? thanks :)

From what I recall, the waitlist moved around 20 spots for Montreal and about 40 for Gatineau

28 minutes ago, lollipopmed2020 said:

I see, thanks a lot for your answer! I feel like it's a risky bet because I'm 33th on the Mtl waitlist, and they currently offered until the 14th place.. so it would really surprised me to get a Mtl offer. But McGill is my first choice and it would kill me to decline Outaouais offer and see at the end of the summer that I could've had a place on Mtl campus.. Do you guys think I should pay or decline the offer? I feel like an opinion would help me :)

Hi! Honestly, it's a personal decision in the end... Based on past waitlist movement for the Montreal campus, it's unlikely that it'll reach the 33rd position but you never know things might end up being a bit different this year. If it helps, McGill refunds half of the $400 deposit up til July 15 I believe. Best of luck with your decision!

34 minutes ago, lollipopmed2020 said:

Personally, I don’t think 400$ is a big price to pay for a chance of getting into your dream school! Even if it’s a slim chance, like you said it’d be heartbreaking to realize at the end of the summer that you could’ve gotten an offer at the mtl campus, so I think if I were in your place i would accept the offer at the Outaouais campus. :) I don’t wanna be overly optimistic,  but it’s possible that the waitlist movement will be different this year because of the changes in the admission process!

34 minutes ago, lollipopmed2020 said:

I don’t really know about your financial situation but i think u should pay the 400$. At least, u won’t have any regrets if the 35th persone receive an offer at mtl. I think it’s a small price to pay to have no regrets.