Premed 101 Forums

MCGILL MED-P 2020 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected Thread

The deadline for accepting an offer was yesterday, and the next potential offer at MTL campus has been at 14 since May 26. Does that mean the waitlist won't move anymore since the deadline passed already? In previous years, has the waitlist moved even after the start of course registration?

On 6/2/2020 at 11:24 AM, jooniesmiles said:

The deadline for accepting an offer was yesterday, and the next potential offer at MTL campus has been at 14 since May 26. Does that mean the waitlist won't move anymore since the deadline passed already? In previous years, has the waitlist moved even after the start of course registration?

The waitlist moved today to 16!

20 hours ago, chowdog said:

Does anyone know how long the waitlist is for med-P this year ? For both campuses

Last year, I think it went up to #99, at least I don’t remember anyone higher than that. Anyway what matters is how far the waiting list goes, if your are ranked 90 or 45, but the waiting list goes up to 25ish, then there is no reason to be worried/stress out at all.

Good luck!

On 5/27/2020 at 4:49 PM, lollipopmed2020 said:

I see, thanks a lot for your answer! I feel like it's a risky bet because I'm 33th on the Mtl waitlist, and they currently offered until the 14th place.. so it would really surprised me to get a Mtl offer. But McGill is my first choice and it would kill me to decline Outaouais offer and see at the end of the summer that I could've had a place on Mtl campus.. Do you guys think I should pay or decline the offer? I feel like an opinion would help me :)

Did you eventually accept the offer? Do they allow you to stay on both universities for long?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 4:01 PM, jooniesmiles said:

Congrats to everyone!! I look forward to seeing this thread grow hehe:D

INVITE/REGRET: Further review required. I got shortlisted omg!!:lol:

CEGEP: Dawson

TIME STAMP: 10 AM on April 3rd when I woke up!

CRC: 37.2

FEELINGS ABOUT CASPER: I honestly don’t know how I did... There were some questions that I didn’t have time to complete. I answered truthfully and I hope that with the time constraint my writing still made sense! Haha

OVERVIEW OF CV: Tutoring during the semester, summer volunteering, some work experience (summer job), awards and distinctions from high school

I want to go to dawson and try to get into the med-p program, what advice could you give me regarding à high r score, and it would be great if I could also get information on where I could do volunteering, thx. I was born in montreal but I had my éducation in the us and I'll be coming in from the US this winter semester. So I do not know common info

10 hours ago, RenegadeMed said:

I want to go to dawson and try to get into the med-p program, what advice could you give me regarding à high r score, and it would be great if I could also get information on where I could do volunteering, thx. I was born in montreal but I had my éducation in the us and I'll be coming in from the US this winter semester. So I do not know common info

Do your best, don't think about the R score, be consistent and it should be fine. You can volunteer pretty much anywhere, but I wouldn't recommend over-volunteering during your semester since only McGill considers your CV for a mere 10%.