Premed 101 Forums

giraffe1

2 hours ago, giraffe1 said:

Hello!

I have a question regarding the campus selection and admission offers. For example, if you were to choose both Montreal and Outaouais, with preference for Montreal, but get an offer for Outaouais. If I accept the offer for Outaouais, am I still on the Montreal waiting list so I can receive an offer for Montreal if there's a spot available?

Thank you!

Nope. McGill specifically states on their website that only a single offer of admission is made.

The process is detailed in the subsection: Selecting a Campus and Receiving an Offer.

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/prospective/selection-process/campus-selection

3 hours ago, giraffe1 said:

Hello!

I have a question regarding the campus selection and admission offers. For example, if you were to choose both Montreal and Outaouais, with preference for Montreal, but get an offer for Outaouais. If I accept the offer for Outaouais, am I still on the Montreal waiting list so I can receive an offer for Montreal if there's a spot available?

Thank you!

Let’s say you were to accept your offer for Campus Outaouais but eventually as the waiting list moves up to your rank, you will get an offer for the Montreal Campus and if you wish to accept it, a seat for Outaouais will be freed up. That’s my understanding.

20 hours ago, Habs27 said:

Yes, you will be able to remain in the waiting list for the Montreal Campus, I got admitted now (University applicant), but I was ranked #2 WL for  OUT and #10 for MTL, so I emailed and this is what they responded

"If you accept an offer to the Outaouais campus and you indicated that your preferred Campus is Montreal and a position is open in Montreal you will remain on the Montreal wait list. We will contact you to inform you and you will need to indicate clearly in the form that will be sent to you that you would like to accept the Montreal spot and decline the Outaouais spot."

Wow I must have misunderstood something. Thanks for clearing this up, really appreciate it!