Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

16 minutes ago, Furosemide said:

To add a data point:

Interviewed at Queens and Mac (as OOP) with 3.96 cGPA and 128 CARS (I assume I did well on casper) and I do NOT have the button. 

This thread has me feeling super down. Amazing what a few lines of code can do to my whole sense of self-worth!

Same freaking boat. Like 3.96 and 130... really thought I had a good chance here but now its looking less likely.

1 hour ago, premed72 said:

Idk, we all have the "submit responses" red box anyway. So, people who have either a reject or acceptance can possibly have the "reset" button. Why have the "submit response" button if I got flat out rejected. Eventually we all might have it and just takes time for omsas to load it up. Who knows. Def a neurotic way to start a Thursday though. 

Cheers everyone 

last year i got rejected essentially and still had the "submit responses" box - i think its for withdrawing your choice at a particular school

4 minutes ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

That's crazy dude... You had an Ottawa interview so your CASPer could not have been bad as well

This is the one reason I wanna call this Button Fiasco a glitch - there are people with clearly decent to incredible CASPer scores who did not get The Button. There are also people with less competitive stats who did get The Button. How can 1 formula (assuming Mac is only inputting CARS + GPA + CASPer) lead to both these conditions so many times?

edit: I also wanna call it a glitch cuz I mean I'm gonna be real sad if this is legit later on lmfao. I'm ok with admitting that I have an inherent bias towards arguing it's a glitch :P

1 minute ago, short_stack said:

This is the one reason I wanna call this Button Fiasco a glitch - there are people with clearly decent to incredible CASPer scores who did not get The Button. There are also people with less competitive stats who did get The Button. How can 1 formula (assuming Mac is only inputting CARS + GPA + CASPer) lead to both these conditions so many times?

edit: I also wanna call it a glitch cuz I mean I'm gonna be real sad if this is legit later on lmfao. I'm ok with admitting that I have an inherent bias towards arguing it's a glitch :P

i'm with you on both counts haha

3 minutes ago, short_stack said:

I guess it could either be a glitch, or it could apply to all schools that you applied to. For example, I had 3 invites, and it is possible that some of the offers for schools other than Mac have already been sent to OMSAS and updated. Thus, me having the button may not mean I got an offer at Mac. It would probably only make sense if somebody only applied to Mac and got the button. Also mac hasn't release their selection criteria yet, so it is possible that CASPer is not weighted as heavily, or they did the unexpected and scored the full file review. Either way, it is probably best not to read too much into it, and at the very least, it might make for an interesting story. 

1 minute ago, anon1234567890 said:

I guess it could either be a glitch, or it could apply to all schools that you applied to. For example, I had 3 invites, and it is possible that some of the offers for schools other than Mac have already been sent to OMSAS and updated. Thus, me having the button may not mean I got an offer at Mac. It would probably only make sense if somebody only applied to Mac and got the button. Also mac hasn't release their selection criteria yet, so it is possible that CASPer is not weighted as heavily, or they did the unexpected and scored the full file review. Either way, it is probably best not to read too much into it, and at the very least, it might make for an interesting story. 

Idk, a lot of my friends with multiple interviews did not have the button. Same for people on this forum without a mac interview but 3+ other Ontario interviews. It's kinda hars for me to believe that none of them received an offer from any other schools. But I am obviously biased towards the glitch side lmao

5 minutes ago, anon1234567890 said:

I guess it could either be a glitch, or it could apply to all schools that you applied to. For example, I had 3 invites, and it is possible that some of the offers for schools other than Mac have already been sent to OMSAS and updated. Thus, me having the button may not mean I got an offer at Mac. It would probably only make sense if somebody only applied to Mac and got the button. Also mac hasn't release their selection criteria yet, so it is possible that CASPer is not weighted as heavily, or they did the unexpected and scored the full file review

I am arguing that button = offer. I only interviewed at Mac so me not having the button means I didn't get an offer LOL. But combined with the formula thing I've mentioned above, it doesn't make sense to me. For example, CASPer being weighted less would lead to people with lower stats not being offered an acceptance, right? Yet there are some people like that who HAVE the button. And yeah, full file review is a possibility but omg that would be SOOO controversial...

Just now, HeyMrSnowman said:

Idk, a lot of my friends with multiple interviews did not have the button. Same for people on this forum without a mac interview but 3+ other Ontario interviews. It's kinda hars for me to believe that none of them received an offer from any other schools. But I am obviously biased towards the glitch side lmao

People that did not apply to mac does not have the button - the assumption is only Mac has updated OMSAS. That just means they didnt get into Mac but other schools have not updated OMSAS

3 minutes ago, pureblue said:

Only pre-interview, no distinction post-interview. So if they used GPA/CASPER/CARS, it seems like pretty much every OOP that was supposed to interview should have received an offer based on how strong their stats would have to be to receive the interview in the first place?

Wow that’s super strange then. Cause no button, but pretty good stats (Well who knows about CASPer, but I thought it was fine) and OOP. 
Oof. May have to not look at the forums for the next 5 days haha

1 minute ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

Yeah that's fair. I was just trying to think of the different possibilities and it is definitely too vague to read into. Just 5 more days anyway so we'll all know soon and hopefully it works out

2 hours ago, penguin1234 said:

No button, interviewed at Mac, Ottawa, and Queen's. Honestly by looking at everyone's stats so far, I have no clue what formula Mac is using if button = offer. o.O My stats: 4.0 GPA, 129 CARS, and probably not a terrible CASPer because I interviewed at Ottawa. 

I have the exact same stats as you! Same three interviews, no button, 4.0 GPA and 129 CARS. This has given me so much anxiety, it's not looking good for those without a button and I'm really sad now :(

16 minutes ago, inkbat said:

it seems like a number of people have mistakenly thought that the button in the red box is the one we're talking about, so i wouldn't be surprised if it were innocent mistakes

That’s a good point too; looks like I’m prob wrong, especially with the more balanced ratio between buttons and no buttons. Even if it’s true there’s still hope with the wait list for folks without the button and only Mac to bank on, so I hope things work out regardless of ppl’s button status :)