Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Psych

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MDLD said:

noope.. I keep going over ever interview... 

I shook the interview's hand after we were told not to because of covid.... pretty idiot thing to do :eek:...  he was told that he wasn't told that though so hopefully im over thinking it lol 

Oh, if it's about after the interview I am like 99% sure you are fine. What I meant is that I keep fussing over how subpar my answers were. I can do so much better If I were to do it right now lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

Oh, if it's about after the interview I am like 99% sure you are fine. What I meant is that I keep fussing over how subpar my answers were. I can do so much better If I were to do it right now lmao

Yeah shook his hand when I walked in. Then was like oh sorry We aren’t supose to do that..

 

an yeah me to a lot of my answers I think were subpar, to generic and not interesting enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, short_stack said:

Wow that's kind of crazy compared to Mac where it's consistently like ~60% of interviewees get an offer. I guess the 3 year program is really not that popular

I also wonder whether we will see more or less waitlist movement for Mac this year. I can imagine one scenario where applicants who look good on paper (high GPA, CARS, and/or CASPer) are not strong at interviewing. For instance, maybe they've had fewer life experiences (which isn't noticed by Mac since they don't look at ABS), are socially awkward, or are not great at expressing ideas when speaking with another person. Because of a weaker ABS, these individuals might not get interviews elsewhere and will only have Mac. Or they may not do well in other interviews and will only get into Mac. Therefore, waitlist movement is less than normal.

Again, all just me speculating to pass the time. Tick tock tick tock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MDLD said:

Pretty much lol ...

when does the waitlist move, how much does it move, what time does it move... any info I can get  

Also read these great long documents if your interested in looking into reading more stats 

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/CMES/CMES2018-Complete_EN.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1JIxbPMsxFEodyIQRVLtzRnJ5LKfOMTyystCplRoBDPrBBa9CCHY2Blsk

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/2020_admission-requirements_EN.pdf

 

 

I was the last drunk to leave the Mac waitlist party last year - I don't wanna go back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, justamom said:

I was the last drunk to leave the Mac waitlist party last year - I don't wanna go back 

For your sake I hope they at least send the criteria email soon so it can (potentially) offer some stress relief. I'm genuinely very sad they have not sent it yet today. Is anyone willing to bite the bullet and email Wendy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, short_stack said:

For your sake I hope they at least send the criteria email soon so it can (potentially) offer some stress relief. I'm genuinely very sad they have not sent it yet today. Is anyone willing to bite the bullet and email Wendy lol

plz someone email

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One week left to go! 

I feel the past two months have gone by quick for me. I’m currently working as an ICU RN, so I have been (?)lucky to still be working and keeping busy. 

What time do schools usually send out their email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ptRN said:

One week left to go! 

I feel the past two months have gone by quick for me. I’m currently working as an ICU RN, so I have been (?)lucky to still be working and keeping busy. 

What time do schools usually send out their email?

ottawa and McMaster sent out emails before 8am EDT last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MDLD said:

same, keep going over my answers. 

I had a nightmare last night I redid my ottawa interview . Walked into the room and turns out  Voldemort was there to interview me (I watch harry potter before I went to bed...). I didn't know what to do in the interview haha. Like do I just go along with it, perhaps it was a trick and they want to see how I react or do I run like crazy. 

Just imagine having the dark lord ask you why you want to go into medicine. 

Either way I won't be watching Harry Potter again until after May 12

 

Since people found this funny, will update you on what I dreamed last night as it seems to be a continuation of that dream lol....

Dream: 

So its med acceptance day, but for a weird reason we didn't get emails but instead got letters mailed to us to tell us if we got accepted or not. With the letter is a  rubric they used to score our interview. I read my letter and it say rejected but then I start looking at the rubric and realize someone didn't calculate the marks right as the math didn't make sense.   Flash forward a bit and I am now at Ottawa talking to the dean about the mistake. He agrees there is a mistake and I should have gotten an offer but says that he can not correct the math. Only my interviewer can correct the math.  So the rest of my dream is me trying to find Voldemort so he can correct the stupid rubric...  I finally find him and I'm like ... "Mr. Dark Lord, I am sorry to bug you but you forgot to carry the one here..."  Then I woke up...

Waiting for med acceptances is messing with my head it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDLD said:

 

Since people found this funny, will update you on what I dreamed last night as it seems to be a continuation of that dream lol....

Dream: 

So its med acceptance day, but for a weird reason we didn't get emails but instead got letters mailed to us to tell us if we got accepted or not. With the letter is a  rubric they used to score our interview. I read my letter and it say rejected but then I start looking at the rubric and realize someone didn't calculate the marks right as the math didn't make sense.   Flash forward a bit and I am now at Ottawa talking to the dean about the mistake. He agrees there is a mistake and I should have gotten an offer but says that he can not correct the math. Only my interviewer can correct the math.  So the rest of my dream is me trying to find Voldemort so he can correct the stupid rubric...  I finally find him and I'm like ... "Mr. Dark Lord, I am sorry to bug you but you forgot to carry the one here..."  Then I woke up...

Waiting for med acceptances is messing with my head it seems.

Omg this is too good to be true!! Lmao 

And here I am fussing about how sad my story-less rejection dream left me last night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it doesn't make sense to me why schools don't inform you of your position on the waitlist. what problems could arise from knowing? i feel like it'd be a great relief to know if you're #3 on the waitlist, and conversely would give you closure if you're #200 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ejvrei said:

does western tell you? I thought I saw in the old threads people saying "high waitlist". How do you know that??

I believe the email says something like "In pervious years, (most / some / little) applicants with your waitlist rank have received offers." This indicates good, normal, bad waitlist respectively. The wording is different but you get the idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MDLD said:

Does anyone know what the email subject is usually for acceptance vs rejection vs waitlist?

Just wondering. 

these are the email subjects for the schools i know:

u of t: University of Toronto MD Offer Letter

McMaster: Offer of Admission, Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine

queen's: Queen's School of Medicine Admissions Status 2018

ottawa: Status of application - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa

^source - friend who got offers to all the above schools

last year i got waitlisted for 3 schools and got this in each subject lines:

u of t: University of Toronto MD Waitlist Notification

mcmaster: McMaster MD Application

ottawa: Status of application - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa

hope this helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ontariopremed said:

these are the email subjects for the schools i know:

u of t: University of Toronto MD Offer Letter

McMaster: Offer of Admission, Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine

queen's: Queen's School of Medicine Admissions Status 2018

ottawa: Status of application - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa

^source - friend who got offers to all the above schools

last year i got waitlisted for 3 schools and got this in each subject lines:

u of t: University of Toronto MD Waitlist Notification

mcmaster: McMaster MD Application

ottawa: Status of application - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa

hope this helps. 

Very much!

Best of luck for you this year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...