Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Just now, Weluvmedicine said:

finally built up the guts to check OMSAS for mac. no offer. I'm gutted. McMaster always felt right for me, I felt like I would kill the interview. 

I had the button (buttongate). still waiting for queens but not confident at all.

sorry to hear that - i got waitlisted at ottawa but haven't had the courage to check OMSAS :( hope queen's works out for u 

Does anyone with a Mac offer have one of the regional campuses? It seems like all Mac offers right now are for the main campus, which leads me to think that either:

1. The regional campus offers have not been sent out

or 

2. The offers out right now are only for the top 100 (for some reason...), and the lottery picks are to come later today. 

2 minutes ago, Weluvmedicine said:

finally built up the guts to check OMSAS for mac. no offer. I'm gutted. McMaster always felt right for me, I felt like I would kill the interview. 

I had the button (buttongate). still waiting for queens but not confident at all.

hey i'm sorry to hear that. i'm rooting for you @Queens. Keep up the faith!! <3

Hi everyone!!

I've been lurking in the shadows on pre-med 101 over 3 cycles of med applications! Finally felt compelled to jump on here and say something for the first time ever!!

Got a UofT Offer this morning!!!!! 

But most importantly, I wanted to share my story to give others on here hope:

-Sex: Female

-Marital status: Married (last year)

-Education: BSc, PhD (Clin Epi & Biostats, McMaster U)

-Number of times applied: 3! (third times a charm)

-WGPA: 3.8

-Research: 50+ publications

-MCAT: 129, 128, 127, 124 (CARS)

-First time interviewing at any school

Chase your dreams people!!! If you want something in this life as badly as I have wanted to pursue medicine my whole life, it will work out for you eventually! Everything happens for a reason, and at different times for different people! 

I am in complete shock at the moment!!!! This is the most incredible feeling!!!!!!

Congratulations to all of you who have received offers and good luck to everyone else who is still waiting!

Godspeed!

4 minutes ago, Weluvmedicine said:

There's a chance you got WLed at Mac too! There is going to be movement on that so don't lose hope. Hopefully Queens is good tho :)