Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

2 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Seems like waitlist order isnt randomized:

Whyte notes that wait list for those who dont win the lottery will also be randomized - CBC article

In the event that applicants who were offered admission do not accept, we will make offers on a rolling basis, in rank order, to those on Wait List

I believe that means in the order that was randomized by lottery. As in the lottery will give them #1 on waitlist, #2 on waitlist, etc.

Doesn't seem like anyone got flat out rejected. Lots of people on the waitlist so I'm not gonna hold my breath. This is my 5th cycle, I've now finished my masters and spent a year working front line health care, just to lose out to a lottery. This one's gonna be tough to swallow. 

Congrats to everyone who got in! 

Just now, SoftTings said:

I believe that means in the order that was randomized by lottery. As in the lottery will give them #1 on waitlist, #2 on waitlist, etc.

That seems very confusing as the usual phrasing in previous years is the exact same and in that case it was the post-interview formula (70 MMI 15 CARS 15 GPA)