Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Just now, FrannieLydon said:

Here is a thought though – Do the schools communicate interview invites/regrets to OMSAS? Like I am not sure that OMSAS would know the candidates that are in the running at more than one school unless they have been told that they have an offer/waitlist. 

It could be more than 1 offer, would be interesting to see how this all pans out 

6 minutes ago, FrannieLydon said:

Here is a thought though – Do the schools communicate interview invites/regrets to OMSAS? Like I am not sure that OMSAS would know the candidates that are in the running at more than one school unless they have been told that they have an offer/waitlist. 

The logic would check out if there is someone here with more than 1 OMSAS interview, but does not have the "Reset Responses" button.

2 minutes ago, FrannieLydon said:

Only acceptances are coordinated as I understand. 

1 minute ago, DanKeith said:

I only had one interview to McMaster and currently have the "Reset Responses" Button. 

okay so it obviously doesn't correspond to multiple offers then...

honestly guys maybe it's just random? i remember before interview invites came out, and current mac students checked the mcmaster portal, and some saw a green circle beside their application and others saw nothing. it turned out that there was no correlation between whether you saw the green circle and whether or not you got an interview invite, but we were all freaking out at the time haha

honestly the only people who will know with any certainty what this could mean are the ones accepted last cycle. If the button really correlates with offers, they would have seen it last year. So can anyone ask their friends who got in from last year?