Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Just now, inkbat said:

okay so you obviously nailed CASPer... which implies that, if button = offer, CASPer must be weighted somewhat significantly

Good inference, I would think CASPer was weighed heavily too. I've 3.8 129 but no Ottawa interview so my CASPer must've been good but not that good. Not sure why I've the button then

On 5/7/2020 at 10:39 AM, inkbat said:

okay so you obviously nailed CASPer... which implies that, if button = offer, CASPer must be weighted somewhat significantly

this is confusing to me because my stats are 3.78/129 so i obviously did very well on CASPer too, but i don't see the button.

idk man i'm tired, wish i could fall asleep and wake up on may 12th at noon

Yeah same I have low GPA/130 and I'm sure my CASPer must have been good for me to get an interview and I don't have the button. I was not on the interview waitlist either... And weighing the CASPer most makes sense based on previously published data and stuff.

Lol in the super slim chance that this actually correlates to a Mac offer, we can use stats of the people who have/don't have the button to deduce Mac's selection formula since Mac is still not telling us. :P jk jk, this really could mean absolutely nothing. just five more days of waiting! 

I wonder if we can find stats from some queen interviewers. 

Some queens people already know they are rejected since they did not get a video panel interview. 

If someone was rejected from queens but has a mac button.. would this mean button means offer? 

my logic might be off since stress lol so maybe someone can think this through for me. 

Someone has ticked the  "I do have the button and did NOT interview at Mac" option on the poll. I'm not sure we know anything anymore hahaha, either that or other schools' data is starting to come up too? Or someone is messing with us/misunderstood lmao; impossible to know anything with this

Also based on the number on the poll as of this point there are 10 people that interviewed at mac and have the button whereas only 4 people interviewed at mac but do not have the button. This ratio sounds off to me if we suspect it to be offers. Maybe the button includes waitlist too?

I’m not an Ontario applicant but stressing over a button won’t do any good to any of you. 

Getting an offer/reject shouldn’t be viewed as a fatality. We spend so much time thinking about the future and we forget about now. You are alive now, you are in good health, you have a family, a roof over your heads, food...Learn to appreciate what you have now.

If you get a reject, take it as a good opportunity to strengthen and prepare your spirit, as failures are quite normal in life.

All the best to all of you

Just now, pureblue said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but schools only send offers to OMSAS, so omsas doesn't consider waitlist/rejections. If you get off the waitlist you get an offer sent to you on omsas after you accept it via email/over the phone.

This is my understanding as well

Just now, aloeplant said:

Bruh, the poll says 2x more mac interviewees have the button than not, wouldn't it be more likely that no button = accept offer, since there are less invites than regrets/waitlist? Anyway, this probably means nothing I'm gunna eat my breakie now

I would assume thats just a sampling bias

3 minutes ago, DanKeith said:

Also based on the number on the poll as of this point there are 10 people that interviewed at mac and have the button whereas only 4 people interviewed at mac but do not have the button. This ratio sounds off to me if we suspect it to be offers. Maybe the button includes waitlist too?

Don't think this has to do with waitlists Dan, if you press the button it says "All offer responses reset."

3 minutes ago, rinzler said:

Don't think this has to do with waitlists Dan, if you press the button it says "All offer responses reset."

I can say with decent certainty that button = mac offer

- All those with buttons interviewed at Mac

- All those that did not have the button did not interview at Mac

- MD/PhD student with offer with button

- Clicking the button says "All offer responses reset."

image.thumb.png.4ffa99ea2baa98ffd427d4e87ddaf3ff.png- The general language of the button