Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Okay so right now, it seems that, ***POTENTIALLY***, those with the button received an offer from mac. But this doesn’t mean everyone who applied to Mac didn’t get in!! Last year, not everyone who got into Ontario schools saw offers at midnight, if that offers any comfort! 

And for those waiting with multiple interviews and see nothing, I’m pretty sure you still have a chance at your other schools, this seems specific to just mac.

Just now, Anon-19 said:

Okay so right now, it seems that, ***POTENTIALLY***, those with the button received an offer from mac. But this doesn’t mean everyone who applied to Mac didn’t get in!! Last year, not everyone who got into Ontario schools saw offers at midnight, if that offers any comfort! 

And for those waiting with multiple interviews and see nothing, I’m pretty sure you still have a chance at your other schools, this seems specific to just mac.

Folks also need to remember there's a waitlist too (and it moves a lot at Mac!).

2 minutes ago, Anon-19 said:

I really hope you're right because, again, there are some people with lower stats like me and probably did really well on CASPer and have button. And others with amazing stats and even some who got interviews at uO with amazing stats who don't have button. So what is this crazy formula Mac has created that leads to both of these situations multiple times lol?? Yes ABS and LOR might be things they've evaluated but it seems very unlikely for Mac.

Just now, short_stack said:

I really hope you're right because, again, there are some people with lower stats like me and probably did really well on CASPer and have button. And others with amazing stats and even some who got interviews at uO with amazing stats who don't have button. So what is this crazy formula Mac has created that leads to both of these situations multiple times lol

As agonizing as this is, I wouldn’t look too deep into this. People waited HOURS after midnight last year after not seeing anything on their OMSAS only to get accepted and celebrate the following morning!! Let’s just keep our hopes up!

7 minutes ago, Anon-19 said:

As agonizing as this is, I wouldn’t look too deep into this. People waited HOURS after midnight last year after not seeing anything on their OMSAS only to get accepted and celebrate the following morning!! Let’s just keep our hopes up!

Thank you so much for confirming this. I'm crossing my fingers, toes, even EYES that you're right. LOL

1 minute ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

If you are on the good waitlist you have a decent chance of making it in

True! but never underestimate the crushing defeat of not making it off the good wait list of Ottawa, as it happened to me and a friend of mine in 2018!

On 5/7/2020 at 3:22 PM, Alegobeh2 said:

Interviews at Mac, Western, Ottawa and Manitoba (Manitoba as OOP, which needs strong CASPer).

GPA: ~3.97, CARS: 129, no button.

That seems so strange because you basically hit high score in all categories yet no button...