Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Interviewed at Mac, Ottawa, and Manitoba OOP (so I know my CASPer must have been pretty strong) but no button. 

GPA: 3.95, CARS: 130

I honestly have to say the number of people with very strong stats (plus the approx. 50/50 split of button:no button) really makes me think this is random and doesn't mean anything. 

Honestly, you know how they say that if you rank all the interviewees, it would *hypothetically* make virtually no difference if the second best 250 applicants were admitted instead of the top 250 because the whole process is just so competitive? Mac might just pull the biggest move of all time and randomly select people that make it to their interview, just because they're already guaranteeing interviews for those not admitted this cycle...

Just my WILD WILD guess though...

Just now, XLGorrillaGlue said:

Interviewed at Mac, Ottawa, and Manitoba OOP (so I know my CASPer must have been pretty strong) but no button. 

I honestly have to say the number of people with very strong stats (plus the approx. 50/50 split of button:no button) really makes me think this is random and doesn't mean anything. 

hey not doubting or anything but didnt u have 3.86 gpa and 129 cars?

3 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

Honestly, you know how they say that if you rank all the interviewees, it would *hypothetically* make virtually no difference if the second best 250 applicants were admitted instead of the top 250 because the whole process is just so competitive? Mac might just pull the biggest move of all time and randomly select people that make it to their interview, just because they're already guaranteeing interviews for those not admitted this cycle...

Just my WILD WILD guess though...

In the email they said they are evaluating an evidence based process to ensure a fair assessment. I was joking when I talked about the hat LMAO

1 minute ago, RejectedAgain said:

Does Sask use CASPer? I interviewed there but thought they didnt use CASPer!

I just remember sending it to them when releasing my CASPer results but I honestly didn't get a chance to review their application criteria thoroughly. I just checked and they said it's to be approved so I'm even more stressed now :wacko:

7 minutes ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

In the email they said they are evaluating an evidence based process to ensure a fair assessment. I was joking when I talked about the hat LMAO

lol maybe they finally look at the data of stats vs. physician competence and licensing exams passage and realized there really is little correlation after the interview stage and hence, the *evidence* for the lottery approach lol

13 minutes ago, XLGorrillaGlue said:

Starting to agree with this.

14 minutes ago, XLGorrillaGlue said:

I really hope you're right hahah

Adding my data point.

NO button. Interview at Mac and Western

3.84 GPA, 132 CARS. Must have done well on CASPer because I got OOP interviews to Manitoba, Sask, Alberta, McGill

I was honestly really counting on Mac due to my CARS/CASPer, so I'm bummed right now (it seems to be looking quite plausible that it's a sign of offers). :(