Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

The button is probably meaningless, which is hard to say as someone in the button gang. 

This weekend will be so unbearable I can feel it

Side note: I also interviewed at uottawa and U of T and I'm personally cringing at my responses to the interview questions since February. How are you guys surviving? I'm honestly at a point of breakdown

1 minute ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

Here's the long overdue $3... je suis broke now

Canada's All-New Loonie And Toonie - MTL Blog

On 5/7/2020 at 3:18 PM, HeyMrSnowman said:

okay so they drew names out of a hat

You should have went with your intuition... I searched this thread for the term "lottery" and your post is the first one that is referenced lol.

1 minute ago, Juxtaglomerulus said:

The button is probably meaningless, which is hard to say as someone in the button gang. 

Side note: I also interviewed at uottawa and U of T and I'm personally cringing at my responses to the interview questions since February. How are you guys surviving? I'm honestly at a point of breakdown

Yeah cringing hard right now... Can't believe how I answered some of the questions

2 minutes ago, Juxtaglomerulus said:

Same. I interviewed at 3 other schools in addition to Mac. I cringe so much thinking about my answers. I think Mac may be my best chance lmao.

4 minutes ago, Juxtaglomerulus said:

Also in the same boat... definitely cringing at my uottawa interview the most though, because I know I didn't answer things the way I wanted to... and was super distracted by what they were circling the entire time lol. 

1 minute ago, BSLM13 said:

Also in the same boat... definitely cringing at my uottawa interview the most though, because I know I didn't answer things the way I wanted to... and was super distracted by what they were circling the entire time lol. 

Shite, my interviewers were barely looking at the scoring sheets, is this a bad sign

6 minutes ago, Juxtaglomerulus said:

Same...  I feel like my interviewers were really neutral and hard to read the entire time

Just now, HeyMrSnowman said:

Shit, my interviewers were barely looking at the scoring sheets, is this a bad sign

I don't think so! Because at Uoft for me, they didn't write anything the entire time. But for UOttawa, the interviewer that took me in said that they would be writing and circling and to just ignore them (which I failed to do)

11 minutes ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

Yeah cringing hard right now... Can't believe how I answered some of the questions

I feel that :(

11 minutes ago, takasugi said:

Same. I interviewed at 3 other schools in addition to Mac. I cringe so much thinking about my answers. I think Mac may be my best chance lmao.

3 schools + Mac? I would be pretty confident you'd get-in somewhere, at minimum from a waitlist but likely straight-off the bat...

8 minutes ago, BSLM13 said:

The worst is when you think of what you wanted to say exactly after the interview is over

6 minutes ago, chrsyjun said:

Same...  I feel like my interviewers were really neutral and hard to read the entire time

^^THIS and I've been over analyzing every subtle movement that I can possibly remember 

I have resorted to another recreational cry, stress-walks, and chatting with friends. I'll probably plan my weekend to a T and do my best not to think about it. Wishing you guys all the best 

25 minutes ago, Juxtaglomerulus said:

Hey I'm in the same boat...whatever you think you did wrong also try to reframe into focusing what you may have said well within each response. If I'm really stuck, writing it out helps to reduce the stress and then you can logic it out. I'm sure you did much better than you think! Hope it all works out.

13 minutes ago, Juxtaglomerulus said:

I feel that :(

3 schools + Mac? I would be pretty confident you'd get-in somewhere, at minimum from a waitlist but likely straight-off the bat...

The worst is when you think of what you wanted to say exactly after the interview is over

^^THIS and I've been over analyzing every subtle movement that I can possibly remember 

I have resorted to another recreational cry, stress-walks, and chatting with friends. I'll probably plan my weekend to a T and do my best not to think about it. Wishing you guys all the best 

Also remember memory's reconstructive so likely the anxiety making you overstress certain attributes!

38 minutes ago, Juxtaglomerulus said:

I am cringing so hard at my only interview at Ottawa and all the stuff I said. Oh man I am cringing right now just thinking about it. I also had the feeling of a breakdown and I think it's because this week is surprisingly going by so fast. :( Not coping so well to say the least. I think being home all day every day without any distraction really got the best of me.

I wish you the best though. Fingers crossed for us 

12 minutes ago, brattatat said:

Something to consider is 1) everyone with extremely high stats WILL get an offer as they fall into the top 100 pool, no doubt. 2) every single one of these people have NOT gotten a button

How did this forum come to the conclusion that this means people with the button HAVE an offer....

If anything, everyone with the button not only are DEFINITELY not on the top 100 list, they are rejected for sure. There's no way Mac sends two different lists to OMSAS, one with the top 100 and one that got in from the lottery, and ONLY the second list gets leaked on omsas....illogical

Most of the button = offer came before Mac released their formula. There are def evidence for both sides with heavy cognitive bias

Just wondering, what do you think Mac will do next year. Since there is a high good chance Covid won't be 100% resolved and that large groups of people as well as travel will be restricted. 

Like if would they do the lottery system again or add a component now or do an online interview.

And if they do an online interview then like why not have done it this year. 

17 minutes ago, brattatat said:

Something to consider is 1) everyone with extremely high stats WILL get an offer as they fall into the top 100 pool, no doubt. 2) every single one of these people have NOT gotten a button

How did this forum come to the conclusion that this means people with the button HAVE an offer....

If anything, everyone with the button not only are DEFINITELY not on the top 100 list, they are rejected for sure. There's no way Mac sends two different lists to OMSAS, one with the top 100 and one that got in from the lottery, and ONLY the second list gets leaked on omsas....illogical

If you actually read the forum in full, you would realize people with 130s and high 3.9s also had the button. Don't discount everyone with the button by saying they are "DEFINITELY not on the top 100 list, they are rejected for sure."