Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

2 hours ago, theevilsloth said:

??????? Last cycle, at midnight on may 14th people were able to see their results. Are you talking about that? 

Not sure. At some point in the last month, people were checking their OMSAS for status update post-interview and it sounded like it had to do with Western. I could be wrong and it's probably they may have been referring to something else?! Someone correct me :P

20 minutes ago, conditional knockout said:

Not sure. At some point in the last month, people were checking their OMSAS for status update post-interview and it sounded like it had to do with Western. I could be wrong and it's probably they may have been referring to something else?! Someone correct me :P

I haven't heard anything about this and I interviewed at Western and have been following the forums pretty regularly.

Guys, the status update is a hack that Western students applying to Western Med saw a status change on their student centre student.uwo.ca before May 14th IIRC.

There's no way inspect element would work but it has happened to similar situations in the past (NRMP aka American CaRMS was exposed this way recently).

Isn't it insane to think about that the fate of your application and future lies on some server in the med school? 

2 hours ago, newmy88 said:

It feels like the days are flying by, but May 12 still isn’t coming quick enough.... I got only one interview so all my eggs are in one basket! Safe to say I’m terrified :) 

One is all you need, I had the distinct pleasure of going thru 2 weeks of waitlist from my 1  school too

5 hours ago, tomatoegg said:

3 weeks left!!!!!!! Man seems like such a short time compared to how long this cycle has been (y’all we’ve been at it for almost a year pls pat yourself on the back holy) but I distinctly *feel* each day going by

last night I dreamed I built a time machine so I could jump ahead only to find out I didn’t get in lol :(

My feeling is that these last two weeks are going to go by the slowest.

Anyone else feel different each day? Some days I’m like ‘I bombed the interview there’s NO WAY I’m getting in and I’ll prepare for the worst’ and other days I’m like ‘Maybe it wasn’t so bad let’s look at rentals in the area for Sept’ ... ugh lol this is an emotional roller coaster :lol:

27 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

Anyone else feel different each day? Some days I’m like ‘I bombed the interview there’s NO WAY I’m getting in and I’ll prepare for the worst’ and other days I’m like ‘Maybe it wasn’t so bad let’s look at rentals in the area for Sept’ ... ugh lol this is an emotional roller coaster :lol:

I keep overthinking every single answer and realizing how cringe some of the things I said were :( this is torture! 

22 minutes ago, ABCD13 said:

It gets worse every day. Plus, it doesn't help that Ottawa is my only interview and my GPA is the lowest of the low since they rank you by your GPA+interview score post-interview :unsure:

Ottawa was my only interview as well!! I’m wishing the best for both of us, I’m sure you killed the interview! 

36 minutes ago, ABCD13 said:

It gets worse every day. Plus, it doesn't help that Ottawa is my only interview and my GPA is the lowest of the low since they rank you by your GPA+interview score post-interview :unsure:

totally feel you, i'm in the exact same situation with ottawa!! so worried because even if the interview went better than i thought it did my gpa is gonna weigh me down ahhhh

2 hours ago, newmy88 said:

Today I literally went from hyping myself up in my kitchen being like "hey you might actually have done well in your interview, you might actually have a real shot at this" and being all happy to curled up in bed 15 minutes later convinced I was being ridiculous and should be preparing for the worst. It's like an emotional *theme park* with roller coaster after rollercoaster :lol: