Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

2 hours ago, newmy88 said:

My feeling is that these last two weeks are going to go by the slowest.

Anyone else feel different each day? Some days I’m like ‘I bombed the interview there’s NO WAY I’m getting in and I’ll prepare for the worst’ and other days I’m like ‘Maybe it wasn’t so bad let’s look at rentals in the area for Sept’ ... ugh lol this is an emotional roller coaster :lol:

At least. you had an interview ... Mac was my only school and I feel like I could have really used an interview to help myself for that

16 hours ago, ABCD13 said:

It gets worse every day. Plus, it doesn't help that Ottawa is my only interview and my GPA is the lowest of the low since they rank you by your GPA+interview score post-interview :unsure:

Hang in there guys... I'm so stressed out and I would start resenting myself immediately after I feel any hope. I even dreamed I didn't get in on a rainy day lol :wacko:

But that aside, our Ottawa interview score is the deciding factor because everyone (at least for the English stream) would be 0.1-0.2 between each other for wGPA whereas the difference in interview scores will be so much larger. I'm so glad I'm not alone in all this though.

16 hours ago, DrOtter said:

Hang in there guys... I'm so stressed out and I would start resenting myself immediately after I feel any hope. I even dreamed I didn't get in on a rainy day lol :wacko:

But that aside, our Ottawa interview score is the deciding factor because everyone (at least for the English stream) would be 0.1-0.2 between each other for wGPA whereas the difference in interview scores will be so much larger. I'm so glad I'm not alone in all this though.

Am freaking out about CASPer weighting @Mac . My typing is .....member ID should have been justanon and look what I did 

Our live countdown until May 12, 12:00 AM (since there were reports of people seeing results at midnight): https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/wfh?iso=20200512T00&p0=1178&msg=OMSAS+May+12+DDAY&font=serif

Set the time as Guelph since that's where the OMSAS office resides. :lol:

EDIT: In the event that it is instead May 12, 9:00 AM: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/wfh?iso=20200512T09&p0=1178&msg=OMSAS+May+12+DDAY&font=serif

2 hours ago, swoman said:

TIL its in Guelph, I was expecting Toronto, odd choice.

But there was only one year it came out on midnight on OMSAS as a glitch. Usually its in the am when offices open

Honestly I would rather find out through email first. The uncertainty of whether all offers come up at the same time on OMSAS, or whether you got waitlisted or not just adds more anxiety. I’m gonna try and sleep before midnight on May 11th and just find out the next day. Although I don’t know if I’ll have that much restraint when the time comes haha

2 hours ago, RiderSx said:

Honestly I would rather find out through email first. The uncertainty of whether all offers come up at the same time on OMSAS, or whether you got waitlisted or not just adds more anxiety. I’m gonna try and sleep before midnight on May 11th and just find out the next day. Although I don’t know if I’ll have that much restraint when the time comes haha

I'd like to say I'm going to do this as well, but I know myself too well to know that I'll be tossing and turning and checking the time every 10 minutes and when that clocks strikes midnight my eyes will shoot open and it will take EVERYTHING IN MY BEING to not look at OMSAS "just to see" LOL

2 hours ago, RiderSx said:

same. although i doubt i'll get any sleep lol

Good luck everybody! Hoping it works out for y’all. Was in exactly this same place a year ago and I know how anxious everyone must be!

haha with regards to the OMSAS glitch I binge watched all the hangover movies and saw premed101 blowing up. Decided to check and was sweating as I logged in. Was thankful to see a U of T offer! Hopefully it wasn’t a glitch and same thing happens for u guys this year and u can celebrate throughout the night!

I have a 'would you rather' question that I'm curious about:

Would you guys rather have a set date that we find out about decisions (such as we have now, May 12) OR would you rather not know the day we find out, but it would be guaranteed to be earlier than May 12 (for example, any day between the last Ontario interview date and May 11) kind of how interview invitations went? It would be quite the gamble!

27 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

Would you guys rather have a set date that we find out about decisions (such as we have now, May 12) OR would you rather not know the day we find out, but it would be guaranteed to be earlier than May 12 (for example, any day between the last Ontario interview date and May 11) kind of how interview invitations went? It would be quite the gamble!

ooo the earlier the better and having a surprise would be some welcome excitement during this pandemic ahahah

1 hour ago, newmy88 said:

I would also go with the May 12- I went crazy waiting for interview invites and I don't think I could deal with the uncertainty of final decisions as well!

I hate countdowns, so painful. I'd rather it come randomly, that way every minute I live is exciting :P It was so much easier back when we were waiting on interviews, probably cuz we were out and about. It's more painful right now cuz I can't get my mind off of it by binging on shows cuz I have so much school work to do over these few months :(

11 hours ago, newmy88 said:

I’m currently waiting on UofA and it could be any day before May 15th. In my personal experience, this is actually excruciating. Waking up every single day not knowing what’s going to happen is making me very anxious. What makes it even more nerve wracking is that UofA releases decisions on the application, and the email notification comes hours later. So, we are left with checking the application constantly, thinking any moment could be THE moment. On the other hand, I’m very calm with UofT. I know that nothing is going to happen until May 12th so I have no reason to worry every day about what’s going to happen.

18 minutes ago, bbtlove said:

oh god this thread makes me so anxious!! im constantly in between feeling like 'wow you may have done well good job' and 'how dare you even think that youre not getting in' lol. a constant internal battle :( lots of stress baking and meditating lately for me haha 

Every night at 2 am i go mad with the same internal battle lol

38 minutes ago, bbtlove said:

oh god this thread makes me so anxious!! im constantly in between feeling like 'wow you may have done well good job' and 'how dare you even think that youre not getting in' lol. a constant internal battle

SAME.

The internal battle has got me thinking about what I'm going to do to improve my application if I don't get in again. Getting a better job and bolstering ECs is nearly impossible with the pandemic right now. Might be time to go back to school for something different. 

Fingers crossed none of us will need to use backup plans this cycle!