Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

11 minutes ago, Yippe said:

it was mentioned briefly before but I just want to confirm bc this is my first cycle. If you don’t get an offer, nothing shows up on OMSAS? How are u sure it’s a rejection or if the offer isn’t sent yet? Or does the school also confirm over email? 

To my knowledge and extensive following of these forums, correct. Only offers show up on OMSAS, and we're not 100% sure what time this will be. The most reliable source is the email from the school in the morning which will give the exact details of the A/W/R. Some schools have their own portals where some information may also be available (such as Western), but that MAY just be A/W/R and not exact details like waitlist rank or campus allocation.

Edit: oops someone beat me to it

1 minute ago, hbmed said:

To my knowledge and extensive following of these forums, correct. Only offers show up on OMSAS, and we're not 100% sure what time this will be. The most reliable source is the email from the school in the morning which will give the exact details of the A/W/R. Some schools have their own portals where some information may also be available (such as Western), but that MAY just be A/W/R and not exact details like waitlist rank or campus allocation.

Edit: oops someone beat me to it

Do you know if Western's portal updates at midnight? Or is it in the morning? Thanks!

On 5/10/2020 at 1:08 AM, HeyMrSnowman said:

Your nickname gives me PTSD on the Drosophila experiments I did

On 5/10/2020 at 1:01 AM, conditional knockout said:

I definitely want to hear more about this if anyone knows more, just to have a glimpse of hope if that offer doesn’t show up for me at midnight... sigh

#DrosophilaGang

#NeverAgain

Real talk though gotta stay busy the last 24 hrs. I’m starting a game of Axis & Allies to ensure I’m busy most of the day haha

1 minute ago, reginageorge said:

yall I live chatted omsas and they said "this button does not indicate acceptance or rejection It simply allows applicants to change their response to an offer before submitting their application. It is displayed to all applicants regardless of offer status" ................... uhhh what 

Did you screenshot this?? lol

2 minutes ago, reginageorge said:

yall I live chatted omsas and they said "this button does not indicate acceptance or rejection It simply allows applicants to change their response to an offer before submitting their application. It is displayed to all applicants regardless of offer status" ................... uhhh what 

I don't understand how they can say it "does not indicate acceptance or rejection" but also "change their response to an offer"

Also it isn't even displayed to all applicants!

5 minutes ago, reginageorge said:

when I asked why some people have it they said: "This button should be displayed to all applicants and is a part of all our core applications, not just OMSAS. If you have further inquiries you may send a message through SAM."

I usually use paint and cover things up with black blocks lol. But I believe you regardless.