Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

5 minutes ago, takasugi said:

Does anyone know how Ottawa uses CASPER? How important is it for getting an Ottawa interview?

I want to know whether an Ottawa invite is indicative of a good CASPER score.

There was a year (2017 I think) when Ottawa first adopted CASPer where they allegedly used half WGPA half CASPer, and then they readjusted it to what it is today. So I'd say a fair bit.

1 minute ago, William Osler said:

All 16 other schools managed to make it work

I'm really sorry for those who will be disadvantaged by the system Mac has chosen. I wanted to add that Université Laval, Université de Montréal and Université Sherbrooke did not hold remote MMIs or interviews.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine! said:

I'm really sorry for those who will be disadvantaged by the system Mac has chosen. I wanted to add that Université Laval, Université de Montréal and Université Sherbrooke did not hold remote MMIs or interviews.

What did these schools choose to do instead of interviews?

9 minutes ago, pnpclear said:

Montreal and Sherbrooke went with the CASPer test. I don't know for Laval, but they probably did the same. These three schools normally hold a common MMI session, so they probably all moved in the same direction.

Yes they basically made the interview list as they would normally do and they're now individually applying their own formula by weighing grades and CASPer at 50% each to obtain a final rank for each candidate that should have been interviewed in normal circumstances. I believe this is better than what Mac decided to do for sure, but they have their own flaws with respect to academic assessment, but that would be too long to explain. 

24 minutes ago, YesIcan55 said:

My first prediction was that this thread would reach 40 pages by May 12. That was achieved. 

My second prediction was that this thread would reach 80 pages by May 12. That was also achieved. 

Get this thread to 100+ pages!!

can you predict that I get in? i trust your track record.

1 minute ago, YesIcan55 said:

haha no joke, but all my friends know me as someone who is crazy good at predictions. In July 2018 (before the NBA season) started I predicted that the Raptors would win against GSW....over a year before it happened. Everything thought I was crazy....I have also predicted the last 3 winners of the fifa world cup etc (I have proof of all this as well) lol Where are you interviewing, I will tell you your fate lol

:0 i was mac only plz bless me

haha no joke, but all my friends know me as someone who is crazy good at predictions. In July 2018 (before the NBA season) started I predicted that the Raptors would win against GSW....over a year before it happened. Everything thought I was crazy....I have also predicted the last 3 winners of the fifa world cup etc (I have proof of all this as well) lol Where are you interviewing, I will tell you your fate lol

Damn this guy could charge for offer predictions

Screw med school apps. Predict the Leafs will win the cup please.

me me mac and ottawa please!!!!!

3 minutes ago, YesIcan55 said:

Me!

mac, queens, Ottawa