Premed 101 Forums

Hello everyone. I am interested in Anesthesia but am a mature student so lifestyle during residency is important to me. I was wondering if people can comment on the intensity/difficulty of an Anesthesia residency and the type of call shifts that are required. Thanks in advance.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:50 AM, blah1234 said:

My friends underwent busy training during their residency. I can't say it was very lifestyle friendly to be honest. If you're very lifestyle oriented (nothing wrong with that being a mature student) I'm not sure if it will be good in that aspect.

Expand please. More info on this would be great. Like.. Busy calls? Long hours? Lot of stress? Etc

On 4/19/2020 at 8:15 PM, Od-in said:

Expand please. More info on this would be great. Like.. Busy calls? Long hours? Lot of stress? Etc

They would complain about busy calls and the overall stress of managing high-acuity patients. I mean it could've been program dependent as well but more than one friend conveyed to me the difficulty during the training.

26 minutes ago, blah1234 said:

They would complain about busy calls and the overall stress of managing high-acuity patients. I mean it could've been program dependent as well but more than one friend conveyed to me the difficulty during the training.

Thanks bro.