Premed 101 Forums

UofT Physiotherapy CAP exam 2020

Hi there!

I'm a current student at U of T PT right now and I think one of the best ways to practice are to brush up on the essential competencies of physiotherapists in Canada found here: https://www.peac-aepc.ca/pdfs/Resources/Competency Profiles/Competency Profile for PTs 2017 EN.pdf 

Treat this like a job interview. Be prepared to talk about who you are as a person. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are your hobbies? What experiences make you stand out? What are your goals in life? 

Hope this helps and good luck!

Also, does the CAP ever include more "recent events" type questions? Like taking recent news cycle events and spinning them to relate to PT?

For example, with the COVID-19 pandemic, would  a fair question on the CAP be something like, "Describe how Canadian physiotherapists can assist, both directly and indirectly, in a pandemic situation like we are facing with COVID-19?"

And I was just thinking, if anyone feels like throwing out/sharing practice questions and scenarios on this forum for discussion, I'd be in:)

On 4/14/2020 at 4:11 AM, polarispfk said:

Hi there!

I'm a current student at U of T PT right now and I think one of the best ways to practice are to brush up on the essential competencies of physiotherapists in Canada found here: https://www.peac-aepc.ca/pdfs/Resources/Competency Profiles/Competency Profile for PTs 2017 EN.pdf 

Treat this like a job interview. Be prepared to talk about who you are as a person. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are your hobbies? What experiences make you stand out? What are your goals in life? 

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you for your response! Do you by chance remember if you felt like you had enough time to write the CAP? I feel like 2 hours should be plenty of time to write my answers but I’m not sure how many questions they will ask. I definitely felt a bit rushed writing CASPER but they only gave 5 min for 3 questions, and for the CAP it looks like you could start one question and go back to it later if you have time. Also, are you happy with the UofT program so far? I know it must be hard with the pandemic right now. 

Thanks so much :)