Premed 101 Forums

30 minutes ago, RaptorsFan123 said:

It's pretty unpredictable given I got my acceptance as a Canadian on April 22nd last year. However, this year, the adcoms are extremely busy because the India symposium (requirement for the degree) had to be moved online and it's a very very hectic time for the faculty. 

Best of luck,

RF123

Hey! What do you think made your application stand out to adcoms? Also how big is your class size this year, and what do you plan to do with your MSc degree after graduating?

I've applied as well! I'm a Canadian and I emailed them a while back asking if decisions would be delayed due to COVID-19 but they said I should still know by mid-May. So far I've heard of two Canadians who have heard back (I don't know them personally). I believe one was accepted and one was rejected (not sure if the one rejected was actually rejected or put on the waitlist). To my knowledge both of them also applied to Med so my best guess is that they're trying to give decisions to people who applied to multiple programs first to give them time to decide which program they want.

4 hours ago, sr9 said:

I've applied as well! I'm a Canadian and I emailed them a while back asking if decisions would be delayed due to COVID-19 but they said I should still know by mid-May. So far I've heard of two Canadians who have heard back (I don't know them personally). I believe one was accepted and one was rejected (not sure if the one rejected was actually rejected or put on the waitlist). To my knowledge both of them also applied to Med so my best guess is that they're trying to give decisions to people who applied to multiple programs first to give them time to decide which program they want.

Oh wow, that is interesting. I didn't know that some Canadian applicants have heard back already.