Premed 101 Forums

References contacted 2020

15 minutes ago, littleappythatcould said:

I also just found out that my 3rd reference was contacted this morning! ugh

I had the first 2 contacted about 10 days ago.....are they calling the 3rd reference routinely this year or should I worry!? anyone else? .....I know totally out of my hands but need some hope! 

Hey so this happened to me too yesterday and I started freaking out but from what I have heard @Bambi is absolutely right. Idk if this works in our favour but it doesn't work against you at least

I don't think it necessarily works for or against your favour because it's just a ruling out factor. If they contact one reference and there were no red flags it doesn't mean they aren't going to call the other two! I think they want to be more thorough this year as they didn't get a chance to meet us face to face. Online interviews can be pretty different! I also don't think they would go off a single phone call so I doubt people will actually only have one reference contacted.. 

2 hours ago, MD_Dream97 said:

Is there a way for us to review our application? My third referee hasn't been contacted and I want to check their email address, phone number etc.

I am not sure if you can review your file, but i think you can send the correct info over to the admissions office and they may update it for you. Although I really wouldn't worry about not having a third referee contacted as most people I know only had two checks.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:53 PM, MD_Dream97 said:

Is there a way for us to review our application? My third referee hasn't been contacted and I want to check their email address, phone number etc.

The admissions staff will contact you if they reach out and your reference doesn't respond within a week. This happened to me yesterday. 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, Medicine12345 said:

From previous threads apparently, if you got your reference contacted that means you made the cut-off is that right? Wouldn't that essentially mean you're at least wait listed (assuming no red flags from your references)? 

No. Only the bottom 20% or so fail the interview so that still leave about 230 in the applicant pool 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, Medicine12345 said:

From previous threads apparently, if you got your reference contacted that means you made the cut-off is that right? Wouldn't that essentially mean you're at least wait listed (assuming no red flags from your references)? 

I would say yes because I dont see why they would go through the effort of contacting references for ones they plan on rejecting.

2 hours ago, tallshirts said:

I found out that one of my references hadn't submitted a reference by April 29. I reached out to the others, and they were contacted by about April 9. I hope this doesn't negatively affect anything for me. Either way, it seems like the waiting game is almost done.

So this happened to me as well. Where 2 references were contacted and did the call and 3rd one who was contacted did not respond in time. I hope that does not have a negative impact.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:36 PM, MD_Dream97 said:

Is there anyone who only had two referees contacted?

I’m being neurotic but a month of quarantine can do that to you lol. Does having 2 versus 3 contacted mean anything in terms of waitlist position or straight offer? :(

I'm pretty sure only 2 of my references got contacted! My third reference would have let me know :)

• 3 weeks later...