Premed 101 Forums

15 minutes ago, littleappythatcould said:

I also just found out that my 3rd reference was contacted this morning! ugh

I had the first 2 contacted about 10 days ago.....are they calling the 3rd reference routinely this year or should I worry!? anyone else? .....I know totally out of my hands but need some hope! 

Hey so this happened to me too yesterday and I started freaking out but from what I have heard @Bambi is absolutely right. Idk if this works in our favour but it doesn't work against you at least

I don't think it necessarily works for or against your favour because it's just a ruling out factor. If they contact one reference and there were no red flags it doesn't mean they aren't going to call the other two! I think they want to be more thorough this year as they didn't get a chance to meet us face to face. Online interviews can be pretty different! I also don't think they would go off a single phone call so I doubt people will actually only have one reference contacted.. 

2 hours ago, MD_Dream97 said:

Is there a way for us to review our application? My third referee hasn't been contacted and I want to check their email address, phone number etc.

I am not sure if you can review your file, but i think you can send the correct info over to the admissions office and they may update it for you. Although I really wouldn't worry about not having a third referee contacted as most people I know only had two checks.

On 4/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, MD_Dream97 said:

Is there a way for us to review our application? My third referee hasn't been contacted and I want to check their email address, phone number etc.

UofS will contact you if they aren't able to contact the reference. 

So, don't worry about it. 

Is there anyone who only had two referees contacted?

I’m being neurotic but a month of quarantine can do that to you lol. Does having 2 versus 3 contacted mean anything in terms of waitlist position or straight offer? :(

On 4/17/2020 at 5:53 PM, MD_Dream97 said:

The admissions staff will contact you if they reach out and your reference doesn't respond within a week. This happened to me yesterday. 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, MD_Dream97 said:

I had wrong information and they contacted me to let me know they couldn’t get ahold of my reference 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, Medicine12345 said:

From previous threads apparently, if you got your reference contacted that means you made the cut-off is that right? Wouldn't that essentially mean you're at least wait listed (assuming no red flags from your references)? 

No. Only the bottom 20% or so fail the interview so that still leave about 230 in the applicant pool 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, Medicine12345 said:

From previous threads apparently, if you got your reference contacted that means you made the cut-off is that right? Wouldn't that essentially mean you're at least wait listed (assuming no red flags from your references)? 

I would say yes because I dont see why they would go through the effort of contacting references for ones they plan on rejecting.

16 minutes ago, Fanofmed said:

I would say yes because I dont see why they would go through the effort of contacting references for ones they plan on rejecting.

I'm pretty sure this is only for OOP students. As an OOP applicant if you pass the interview you are A or WL. Don't think the same rule applies to IP applicants. 

I found out that one of my references hadn't submitted a reference by April 29. I reached out to the others, and they were contacted by about April 9. I hope this doesn't negatively affect anything for me. Either way, it seems like the waiting game is almost done.

2 hours ago, tallshirts said:

I found out that one of my references hadn't submitted a reference by April 29. I reached out to the others, and they were contacted by about April 9. I hope this doesn't negatively affect anything for me. Either way, it seems like the waiting game is almost done.

So this happened to me as well. Where 2 references were contacted and did the call and 3rd one who was contacted did not respond in time. I hope that does not have a negative impact.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:36 PM, MD_Dream97 said:

Is there anyone who only had two referees contacted?

I’m being neurotic but a month of quarantine can do that to you lol. Does having 2 versus 3 contacted mean anything in terms of waitlist position or straight offer? :(

I'm pretty sure only 2 of my references got contacted! My third reference would have let me know :)

1 hour ago, Helpimscared said:

So this happened to me as well. Where 2 references were contacted and did the call and 3rd one who was contacted did not respond in time. I hope that does not have a negative impact.

I highly doubt it. If that were the case they may have asked for an alternate reference.