Premed 101 Forums

Manitoba OT Interview

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 2:53 PM, OT1996 said:

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips on what to expect/ how to prepare for the University of Manitoba OT interview.

Also, those who have received an invite what type of questions are you prepping?

Not sure if you're still preparing, but if you're free, do you want to prep together? Or trade notes? 

15 minutes ago, OT-wpg said:

I’m curious as well. How did everyone find it? How did you think you did?

It was such short time that I felt rushed to answer quickly. Also, I went in thinking it would be mostly personal type questions (based on what others in this forum said in the past) and that's what I practiced but that wasn't the case...

It was incredibly short! I can't believe they expected us to answer 4 essay-type questions in 15 minutes... I should've asked during the orientation how they figured out how much time we need. I had an interview at UofM last year and we had 1 hour to answer 20 questions!

I'm a bit worried because I feel like I didn't have enough time to really "sell" myself, and the interview weighs a lot for their admission process (only GPA and interview!).

Oh well, I'll find out how I really did next month LOL. 

4 hours ago, MOThopeful2020 said:

It was incredibly short! I can't believe they expected us to answer 4 essay-type questions in 15 minutes... I should've asked during the orientation how they figured out how much time we need. I had an interview at UofM last year and we had 1 hour to answer 20 questions!

I'm a bit worried because I feel like I didn't have enough time to really "sell" myself, and the interview weighs a lot for their admission process (only GPA and interview!).

Ugh yeah tell me about it. Plus im out of province and they only take like 8-10 students so that makes the pressure worse.

7 hours ago, OT1996 said:

Ugh yeah tell me about it. Plus im out of province and they only take like 8-10 students so that makes the pressure worse.

I'm a PT student but I did interview with U of M. Honestly, I thought my interview went terribly but I ended up getting an offer anyways. You never know! 

• 10 months later...
On 4/27/2020 at 5:25 PM, MOThopeful2020 said:

Hi there :) I know you can't give specific details about the interview but I'm wondering if the questions are scenario based like MMI/Casper? or are they more common interview type questions (ex. how do you handle conflict, what is your leadership style, etc.)

If anyone has any tips for the interviews that would be greatly appreciated!

On 4/21/2020 at 8:45 PM, Otmanitoba2020 said:

I'm interested as well! :) 

On 4/17/2020 at 5:44 AM, OT1996 said:

Im interested!

Hi!! I'm prepping for the interview next month! If you have any material that would be worth sharing, please do let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

9 hours ago, kk2902 said:

Hi!! I'm prepping for the interview next month! If you have any material that would be worth sharing, please do let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

I'm also preparing for the interview next month and it would be great to know the question style beforehand if anyone has any tips!

• 1 year later...