Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Online Interview Results POLL

Queen's Online Interview Results  

52 members have voted

1. 1. For online interviewees, what were the results of your Queen's email today? (answers are anonymous)

• Accepted for panel interview
    • Waitlisted for panel interview
    • Rejected

I didn't think they were sending out rejections -- I thought everyone was going to be put on a ranked waitlist if they didn't get offered an interview during the first wave. Can anyone confirm?

Best of luck to everyone interviewing or on the waitlist! My fingers are crossed for you all! :D

I was hoping that we could get a peek into the all mighty Queen's blackbox through this poll. Specifically, I was wondering if there was a way to estimate the size of the Queen's post-interview waitlist (the waitlist that is announced on May 12) based on how many were waitlisted for panel interviews today.

Don't know if it would work though because we don't actually know how many received panel interview acceptances. I am guessing that Queen's has to give a panel interview to any applicants that will be offered admission or waitlisted on May 12 because I assume you cannot eventually be accepted without having done a panel interview. But who knows, I'm confusing myself now too haha...

Seems like more people got interviews than rejection! I was feeling good about my chances after getting a panel interview but seems like there most people got one. Or it could be most people on this site are more competitive or the people that got rejected don't feel like voting. Either way we'll find out in May!

9 hours ago, kingassault said:

Seems like more people got interviews than rejection! I was feeling good about my chances after getting a panel interview but seems like there most people got one. Or it could be most people on this site are more competitive or the people that got rejected don't feel like voting. Either way we'll find out in May!

Yup, response bias

19 minutes ago, RaptorsFan123 said:

Okay maybe not certain but i doubt that out of 60 people (max) from our interview weekend that is getting a first round offer, HALF actively participate in Premed forums... based on this assumption, they must’ve given more invites than spots in the first round.

therefore.... game is still on lol 

To play devil's advocate, maybe people active on premed101 are more likely to have gotten a first round interview.

Speculation can be fun, but regardless of whether we interviewed in person or online -- barring those who were rejected before the panel -- we're all stuck in the same boat waiting for May 12th to roll around to find out our status. :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ms1998 said:

Would anyone on the waitlist mind sharing what the email update says today? :) I believe someone said before that the initial email from Queen’s said that those who are waitlisted will be sent an update on their status today. It might give some more insight on how the process works! 

Sadly, they told me that they won't be conducting any panel interviews anymore. So it seems like they filled up the spots with those who did do the panel interviews. I wish you all the best of luck this cycle!!

9 hours ago, Anon_9 said:

Sadly, they told me that they won't be conducting any panel interviews anymore. So it seems like they filled up the spots with those who did do the panel interviews. I wish you all the best of luck this cycle!!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get invited to a panel interview. Thank you for sharing this info with us, and best of luck to you as well if you're waiting in other schools this cycle! :)

16 hours ago, Anon_9 said:

Sorry to hear that this is what they said, it really sucks that this process has been to complicated. But I guess at least the painful wait is done early for some. Can anybody else confirm if they got this same email?

What does this mean for those who did their panel interviews online?

• 3 weeks later...