Premed 101 Forums

If your babysitting was paid, it would go under employment and you would just describe what you did. Otherwise, perhaps it could go under volunteering? The parents could verify for you, but I can see how it might be challenging if you babysit multiple households. Maybe just pick the one you spend the most time with?

Photography would be an extracurricular activity - I also had this and just described what kinds of things I like to photograph, and also how I helped out with event photography for some clubs. I just got a friend who knew about my hobby to verify.

UOttawa explicitly says that family members are not allowed (https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/detailed-autobiographical-sketch). However, like the above poster said, I do know people who used family anyway and didn't run into trouble. Personally I erred on the side of caution and last minute changed my verifier for one activity from my family to my neighbour lol. I was also a private tutor, so it's kind of similar to babysitting in the sense that I had no employer. My verifier was just one of my students' family. 

I interviewed with Ottawa this cycle and used some friends/family (to be honest, didn't even see their supposed restrictions). Obviously if you can have someone else reasonably verify, then great, but otherwise I think it is fine given context of the activity. OMSAS also doesn't ask you to specify your relationship with the verifier.