Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ShadesofCyan said:

In the past the order has been NMP, IMP, SMP, VFMP. It looks like last year they were out within an hour.

It seems like they are coming out slowly then since the first person to post an acceptance posted 35 minutes ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Result:    Regrets After Interview

Geography: IP

Early or Regular Deadline: Early
Timestamp: 7:04 am PST
OGPA: 84.95%

AGPA: 86.78%

NAQ score: 75th -100th Percentile (57% by inspect element)

MCAT: 509 (125/127/128/129)
Interview: Above Average Interview

Year: BSc 2016, BSN 2019

First application. Also at a loss on how to improve, besides re-writing MCAT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, olanzapine said:

Result:    Regrets After Interview

Geography: IP

Early or Regular Deadline: Early
Timestamp: 7:04 am PST
OGPA: 84.95%

OGPA: 86.78%

NAQ score: 75th -100th Percentile (57% by inspect element)

MCAT: 509 (125/127/128/129)
Interview: Above Average Interview

Year: BSc 2016, BSN 2019

First application. Also at a loss on how to improve, besides re-writing MCAT?

I would say the only feasible improvement would be re-writing MCAT and maybe double-checking how you're writing your EC's? Honestly, your entry sounds pretty strong, though the MCAT is a bit on the lower side.

Thank you for sharing your stats and I hope you get accepted in future years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goldielocks said:

If we haven’t received an email so far is that a good sign??? How likely is a second wave of rejections? :unsure:

Definitely a good sign. Could potentially be more waves of rejects but that would be strange. Usually once acceptances come out the rejections are done. Things happened so early this year that it may be different. Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rejected! 
 

not surprised at all, 4th time applicant, 75th-100th percentile, 517 mcat. IP. Somehow got a below average interview again even though I felt it went completely different from last time. Probably done applying forever so the dream for me is all but dead. I’ll never wrap my head around how they accept first time applicants over someone who has applied 4 times. Oh well.
 

All the best! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShadesofCyan said:

It sounds like NMP is still coming out

I think it might be that people are staggered in coming to post on the forums their acceptances for NMP, but I think UBC probably sent out all the emails in a fairly narrow timeframe. (All the rejections this morning seem to be from around ~7:04am, and I'm guessing quite a bit more rejection emails were sent out than there are NMP acceptances (only 32 seats, after all), in terms of making sure the system doesn't crash).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Rejected! 
 

not surprised at all, 4th time applicant, 75th-100th percentile, 517 mcat. IP. Somehow got a below average interview again even though I felt it went completely different from last time. Probably done applying forever so the dream for me is all but dead. I’ll never wrap my head around how they accept first time applicants over someone who has applied 4 times. Oh well.
 

All the best! 

Sad to hear about your rejection, mdpwns1763. What direction do you think you're going to go in, now? (also, if you don't mind me asking, what time did your email get sent out?)

All the best to you too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Rejected! 
 

not surprised at all, 4th time applicant, 75th-100th percentile, 517 mcat. IP. Somehow got a below average interview again even though I felt it went completely different from last time. Probably done applying forever so the dream for me is all but dead. I’ll never wrap my head around how they accept first time applicants over someone who has applied 4 times. Oh well.
 

All the best! 

Sorry to hear that my friend. I'm rejected too and it's my third app/first interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HongHongHong said:

Sad to hear about your rejection, mdpwns1763. What direction do you think you're going to go in, now? (also, if you don't mind me asking, what time did your email get sent out?)

All the best to you too!

I’ve been working on HR certifications recently, looking to get into that field. Rejection at 7am 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 24KaratPureAu said:

Sorry to hear that my friend. I'm rejected too and it's my third app/first interview. 

Sorry to hear! Yeah honestly it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...