Premed 101 Forums

May 9/10 Countdown

24 minutes ago, ShadesofCyan said:

I was really expecting D-day to be the 8th as it is usually on Fridays. It sounds like they are making many changes this year.

Apparently UBC posted it today in their updates to the current students. 

There was an update? I didn’t get an email or anything. 

11 hours ago, ShadesofCyan said:

Apparently UBC posted it today in their updates to the current students. 

Why did they post an update on admissions to already enrolled students but not to applicants? Do you happen to have a screenshot of the email to share with us?

1 hour ago, HongHongHong said:

Why did they post an update on admissions to already enrolled students but not to applicants? Do you happen to have a screenshot of the email to share with us?

The date around when decisions would be released was just part of a larger, general update posted to all the classes about the planning for the incoming class, which includes some big changes that will impact orientations, etc.

2 minutes ago, acceptmeplease said:

Did anyone get aspects of their application updated while OAS was down? I thought my transcript receiving may have gotten updated, but it did not aha

Nothing looks different on mine...where are you looking for the transcript info? I don't see anywhere on the Application Status that would reflect degree completion transcripts. I just sent mine on Friday so I know it wouldn't be reflected yet lol.

20 minutes ago, Ginny Midgeon said:

@frenchpress Are you able to speak about the changes that will impact orientations? Will first-year lectures/CBL be online?

They’re anticipating some combination of online and in-person curriculum, as they don’t expect provincial guidelines to have relaxed enough to allow the whole class to gather by August.  Orientations usually involves a lot of in-person activities, including a multi day camp. But obviously most of that is unlikely to happen now, so lots will need to change there too. They’re still working out the details obviously. 

I expect they will talk about a lot of this when they send the offers of admission, should be soon! Just hold on a little longer you guys!

7 minutes ago, Anon1 said:

Wait...we had to send our transcripts post interview??? *hyperventilates*

Don't panic! You have plenty of time. The deadline is June 30 (https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/admissions/application-timelines/). It's technically only for waitlisted and accepted applicants, but I think it's better to send now and be safe rather than have it get stuck in the mail or something.