Premed 101 Forums

Effect of Pass/Fail on future application?

So due to Covid-19, many schools are offering pass/fail options for the winter semester. Has any dental school commented on how this will affect GPA calculations in future applications? In the past, having a pass/fail option on the transcript was something you wanted to avoid, but will admissions office be more lenient with it due to the extreme situation?

wow...

from that UAlberta update "For external post-secondary students applying to an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Alberta, grades for courses taken in Winter 2020 will not be included in the calculation of admission GPAs"

wild. You think other Canadian medical/dental schools will align?

3 minutes ago, AB2 said:

wow...

from that UAlberta update "For external post-secondary students applying to an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Alberta, grades for courses taken in Winter 2020 will not be included in the calculation of admission GPAs"

wild. You think other Canadian medical/dental schools will align?

The only issue with that logic is if this semester of grades was above someone's cGPA, it would've increased their average. 

38 minutes ago, swoman said:

The only issue with that logic is if this semester of grades was above someone's cGPA, it would've increased their average. 

yeah lmao it's likely going to be bad for my case for example. I hope this doesn't happen Canada-wide. US med schools have gone a different route, so we can simply wait and see I guess.