Premed 101 Forums

Chatter as we wait.

1 hour ago, Heme said:

Any thoughts on why offers are coming out the week of May 11 when rank order lists will be finalized on April 27?

They have repeatadly stated that they need ~4-6-weeks after the final date of interviews to contact verifiers and verify activities. Last date of interviews was April 4th, so they'll need until early-May at the very least, and then after that a few days I imagine for the ADCOM to approve the final offers/waitlist spots before they are sent out.

9 minutes ago, zxcccxz said:

and then after that a few days I imagine for the ADCOM to approve the final offers/waitlist spots before they are sent out.

Yes. They said that approval was happening April 27.

I do recall something about wanting to send out offers around the same time as other Western Canadian schools, as well.

7 minutes ago, hopingformd said:

Please! I'm even willing to wait til Tuesday ha!  

I thought it was hilarious he somehow didn't press the "reply" button when he said "no" to the 18/24 question, and then the question above his failed reply was asking about the fewer seats thing. So it looks like at first glance he's saying there won't be fewer seats, until you look at the time stamps (or if you're me, you check the blog enough to know which came first). Talk about a false hope. 

It's clear at this point he won't be answering the seats question, so the next 2 weeks are about to be super fun! :)

I hadn't even noticed that! How observant of you! I guess we will never know till the week of May 11th. All I want for now is to know a bit more information about when school would start and in what form. I hope he'll be able to share some information this week. 

Final rank order for Cohort 2 will be finalized today. :) Progress my friends!

I have some new puzzles arriving today, so that should help eat up some time while I wait.

motherofdragons you mentioned you are OOP, did you apply to other schools as well or just UCalgary? I don't envy your potential relocation right now, however, I suppose it wouldn't be a horrible problem to have, considering the implications of the move!

2 hours ago, Heme said:

Final rank order for Cohort 2 will be finalized today. :) Progress my friends!

I have some new puzzles arriving today, so that should help eat up some time while I wait.

motherofdragons you mentioned you are OOP, did you apply to other schools as well or just UCalgary? I don't envy your potential relocation right now, however, I suppose it wouldn't be a horrible problem to have, considering the implications of the move!

I ended up applying to one Ontario school and did get an interview. The reasons for moving would be great, it's just uprooting my family in the middle of this pandemic that's causing anxiety. I'm not holding my breathe though lol. Good luck with the puzzles today!!