• 65-65.9
    • 64-64.9
    • 63-63.9
    • 62-62.9
    • 61-61.9
    • 60-60.9
    • 59-59.9
    • 59>

Did anyone else’s Waitlist acceptance email go to medadms@dal.ca? I sent it to medicine.admissions@dal.ca as instructed, but when I checked my sent box the address was medadms@dal.ca. Just want to make sure it went to the right place as I really want to accept the Waitlist offer! 

33 minutes ago, Premed21 said:

Did anyone else’s Waitlist acceptance email go to medadms@dal.ca? I sent it to medicine.admissions@dal.ca as instructed, but when I checked my sent box the address was medadms@dal.ca. Just want to make sure it went to the right place as I really want to accept the Waitlist offer! 

Same thing happened to me! Not quite sure why. Must be an automated response redirecting the emails due to COVID19?

2 hours ago, HappyDoc said:

Same thing happened to me! Not quite sure why. Must be an automated response redirecting the emails due to COVID19?

3 hours ago, Premed21 said:

Not due to COVID-19. They are synonymous emails. No need to worry. 

On ‎2020‎/‎04‎/‎15 at 12:47 PM, ramjagsingh said:

Well my fellow NS applicants, looking unlikely based on my score but hoping this will provide some valuable insight about your chances for those higher up on the waitlist.

Thank you so much for creating this! Fingers crossed for you <3 

10 minutes ago, Jessletmein said:

I am 71.17.... is no one above 71 on a waitlist? are we assuming everyone with 72+ got in? Is this known info I might have missed?

Asking caused in another poll “IP wait list Poll” there is someone had a score of 72... not sure if in the NS IP or other maritime IP list ...

i am 71.9 ... but if they calculated based on Z score, it would be hard to know ... if there is still a chance... the waiting is killing me 

My aggregate score was 71.53, I only voted in this poll and not the other one. However, as others have mentioned it seems like it's based on Z-score, from what I've gathered is separate from your total aggregate score so it's hard to gauge our odds with certainty.

The wait is killing me too! I suppose I've just got to hang tight for now.

On ‎2020‎/‎04‎/‎17 at 9:17 AM, Hope1108 said:

Asking caused in another poll “IP wait list Poll” there is someone had a score of 72... not sure if in the NS IP or other maritime IP list ...

i am 71.9 ... but if they calculated based on Z score, it would be hard to know ... if there is still a chance... the waiting is killing me 

I am with you, this is brutal! I am guessing it isn't a NB applicant just based on the fact that there isn't anyone who checked off 72 in the NB waitlist poll (unless they didn't post in the NB, only the IP) I don't see a poll for PEI so no way to tell if its in the PEI pool.... I looked through the various threads thinking the people who voted in the poll were likely to have also posted their WL stats and I only see 4 posts with folks in the NS pool with 71s so I am thinking its the same people who did the poll, or likely anyway. My guess is that it is a PEI applicant at this point

4 hours ago, Jessletmein said:

I am with you, this is brutal! I am guessing it isn't a NB applicant just based on the fact that there isn't anyone who checked off 72 in the NB waitlist poll (unless they didn't post in the NB, only the IP) I don't see a poll for PEI so no way to tell if its in the PEI pool.... I looked through the various threads thinking the people who voted in the poll were likely to have also posted their WL stats and I only see 4 posts with folks in the NS pool with 71s so I am thinking its the same people who did the poll, or likely anyway. My dream job is doctor not detective but I'm tryin' over here!!! My guess is that it is a PEI applicant at this point.

I know!!! I've read this Poll so many times since April 14!!!! Folks, hang in there! 

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all, how is everyone holding up?

This is my first year of applications so I am trying to be positive about holding a waitlist position, but as time passes I am getting less and less hopeful. I realize there likely won't be movement until after the 12th,  but have also read here and there that the NS waitlist doesn't tend to move much anyway. Is anyone/everyone else using all of their mental energy not to be too hopeful or too discouraged? I've read almost everything posted to this website in the past few years, then I read and article hating on the forum all together (there were some good points but for someone like me who has no one around to connect with regarding med it has been nice to have SOMETHING as a point of contact), and now out of sheer desperation I am writing here, hoping someone might be bored enough to respond :p

Hey :)

It was also my first year applying too. I'm not working in the hospitals right now but my job is requiring me to work from home so thankfully I've been keeping busy with that. Aside from work I've been doing some online courses in crisis management,  science information communication, chronic disease management, and  tutoring online (keeping busy seems to help me from thinking about this too much).

Yeah, I've poured through most of the posts too and come up with a solid maybe haha. So I guess I remain cautiously optimistic but also realistic in the case the list does not move.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mermaidblue said:

Has the waitlist moved at all? Or, is it going to move after the May 19th deadline?

Any chance you are brave enough to email and ask? A solid answer hasn’t been given on this forum at all.... there was mention last year in a thread that they will pull people from the list as others decline (ie on a rolling basis) but I’m guessing that’s speculation. When I look in threads of years past I don’t see anyone posting that they got in off the NS waitlist less than like a month after original letter release :( stressful times!