Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

NS Waitlist Score Poll  

32 members have voted

  1. 1. Waitlist Score

    • 71
      5
    • 70-70.9
      8
    • 69-69.9
      5
    • 68-68.9
      2
    • 67-67.9
      1
    • 66-66.9
      2
    • 65-65.9
      5
    • 64-64.9
      1
    • 63-63.9
      2
    • 62-62.9
      0
    • 61-61.9
      1
    • 60-60.9
      0
    • 59-59.9
      0
    • 59>
      0


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jessletmein said:

Any chance you are brave enough to email and ask? A solid answer hasn’t been given on this forum at all.... there was mention last year in a thread that they will pull people from the list as others decline (ie on a rolling basis) but I’m guessing that’s speculation. When I look in threads of years past I don’t see anyone posting that they got in off the NS waitlist less than like a month after original letter release :( stressful times!

I think we just got our answer.. lol it seems its just rolling!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, akrobatik said:

Would applicants who scored between 70-70.9 be willing to divulge their exact score? I am wondering about the spread there. I am right in the middle at 70.50 so I am curious.

Reposting the above request and hoping people with scores between 70-70.9 would kindly share their scores so we can make some sense of potentially where we may rank on the wl. Thank you and best wishes to everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 3:25 PM, akrobatik said:

Reposting the above request and hoping people with scores between 70-70.9 would kindly share their scores so we can make some sense of potentially where we may rank on the wl. Thank you and best wishes to everyone!

Hey! I'm on the IP waitlist with a 70.67 and my essay/supplemental was a 23.67.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, med1day said:

Anyone else get off the waitlist? Lol

Negative :wacko: 
I did however think your post might have been someone getting an offer and jumped on here TOO QUICK to check :lol:

Perhaps since today is the last day to decline offers they'll just wait until tomorrow to start at the waitlist folks.... hasn't stopped me from constantly refreshing my email... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 3:25 PM, akrobatik said:

Reposting the above request and hoping people with scores between 70-70.9 would kindly share their scores so we can make some sense of potentially where we may rank on the wl. Thank you and best wishes to everyone!

From my understanding waitlist is based off Z scores and not your overall total score so I’m not sure if this will give you an idea of your position on the list unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, medschoolgal said:

From my understanding waitlist is based off Z scores and not your overall total score so I’m not sure if this will give you an idea of your position on the list unfortunately 

unless one's scores vary greatly from the released means, their ranking based on total score should be very similar to, if not the same as, their ranking using their zscore.
i've run some examples and it's rare that someone with a lower total score (compared to another person) could be ranked higher based on their zscore.
anyway, i understand if you aren't interested in sharing.. all good :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on google (LOL) the z score is calculated using your raw score, minus the average score and divided by the standard deviation. Based on this equation the higher your raw score, the higher your Z score is.

I am no mathematician but that's what i gathered off of google. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just speculating here, but the other factors are probably based on class composition e.g. male to female ratio and diversity if they even care past African Nova Scotians and Indigenous folks who knows. And I’m sorry about the notification giving you hope LOL. Was just trying to revive this thread just in case anyone has any updates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akrobatik said:

unless one's scores vary greatly from the released means, their ranking based on total score should be very similar to, if not the same as, their ranking using their zscore.
i've run some examples and it's rare that someone with a lower total score (compared to another person) could be ranked higher based on their zscore.
anyway, i understand if you aren't interested in sharing.. all good :)

I've seen people with lower scores get chosen off the waitlist over others, however their score was less than 0.5 lower (i.e. someone with a 71.0 got chosen over someone with say a 71.25). You wouldn't see someone with say a 71.0 get chosen over someone with even a 72 or higher though I don't think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you haven't been checking, there are currently between 13 and 34 seat still not registered for classes, down from 19 and 40 on Friday- so either people got offers over the weekend (likely OOP) or were already accepted and decided to register over the weekend.

Hoping to see some activity in the NB or PEI threads this week to know they're moving along.... (I've heard NS is last to move)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jessletmein said:

In case you haven't been checking, there are currently between 13 and 34 seat still not registered for classes, down from 19 and 40 on Friday- so either people got offers over the weekend (likely OOP) or were already accepted and decided to register over the weekend.

Hoping to see some activity in the NB or PEI threads this week to know they're moving along.... (I've heard NS is last to move)

Hey, thanks for the info, can I ask where did you find this information? also is there a way to find out if its IP or OOP? Thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mermaidblue said:

Hey, thanks for the info, can I ask where did you find this information? also is there a way to find out if its IP or OOP? Thanks again. 

I still have my login info from my Dalonline account so I am able to login and see (if you are a Dal alum you should be able to use your login too!) but its just general class numbers so no breakdowns and its also a bit confusing because there are a few diff numbers of seat left among the classes (and as of now the lowest amount of seats for a class is 13 and the highest is 34.. I am leaning toward the bigger number because its the "Foundations" class). If you weren't already a dal student I am not sure if there is a way to see but I'm happy to update here in this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jessletmein said:

In case you haven't been checking, there are currently between 13 and 34 seat still not registered for classes, down from 19 and 40 on Friday- so either people got offers over the weekend (likely OOP) or were already accepted and decided to register over the weekend.

Hoping to see some activity in the NB or PEI threads this week to know they're moving along.... (I've heard NS is last to move)

Notifications from this thread are so anxiety provoking lol! But thank you for the information, nice to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jessletmein said:

I still have my login info from my Dalonline account so I am able to login and see (if you are a Dal alum you should be able to use your login too!) but its just general class numbers so no breakdowns and its also a bit confusing because there are a few diff numbers of seat left among the classes (and as of now the lowest amount of seats for a class is 13 and the highest is 34.. I am leaning toward the bigger number because its the "Foundations" class). If you weren't already a dal student I am not sure if there is a way to see but I'm happy to update here in this thread

Oh I see, yes that would be great if you could please update, greatly appreciated!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jessletmein said:

I still have my login info from my Dalonline account so I am able to login and see (if you are a Dal alum you should be able to use your login too!) but its just general class numbers so no breakdowns and its also a bit confusing because there are a few diff numbers of seat left among the classes (and as of now the lowest amount of seats for a class is 13 and the highest is 34.. I am leaning toward the bigger number because its the "Foundations" class). If you weren't already a dal student I am not sure if there is a way to see but I'm happy to update here in this thread

I am just wondering, does anyone know if you are automatically registered for classes if you pay the deposit or is it that you need to pick the class? Also what does the min and max mean here? Like do you mean some classes have a max of 34 people not registered yet and a min of 13 for others? Sorry about the questions, just trying to gauge if we are likely to see movement! 

 

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to note that there are a maximum of 120 seats but they usually accept less than 120. Last year for example they accepted 116. one of the first year courses already has 109 seats registered in that course. if they also accept 116 this year (just an guess), that means only 6 spots are available (for that specific course). I don't know if my guess is accurate so don't quote me on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely there are 19 spots from all OOP, NB and NS rn. It’s hard to tell what’s going on there though, like do accepted people who are unsure even register for classes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...