Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Qplsmxksowi

Patiently waiting for May 15, 2020

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Qplsmxksowi said:

Now that references are mostly done.. Very anxious every day. 

Guess gotto just wait for 15th May 2020

I am in the same boat. Think I might go insane with nothing to do but stay at home and think about it LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I am a little confused about this... I have heard that the decisions this year come out on 30th instead? Any news on this front? I would really rather not wait an extra two weeks to find out, this is excruciating :blink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, wannabdoctor said:

Ok so I am a little confused about this... I have heard that the decisions this year come out on 30th instead? Any news on this front? I would really rather not wait an extra two weeks to find out, this is excruciating :blink: 

Where have you heard this? That would be awful...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobSmith777 said:

Where have you heard this? That would be awful...

A friend of mine told me about it first. Then I checked the admissions package and it states that the "applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by May 31st"

This wasn't a recent change as I have the printed version of the admissions package from September.  Idk if the date the same in the previous years' admission packages as well. 

 Maybe its just a final final date for when decisions will be out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wannabdoctor said:

A friend of mine told me about it first. Then I checked the admissions package and it states that the "applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by May 31st"

This wasn't a recent change as I have the printed version of the admissions package from September.  Idk if the date the same in the previous years' admission packages as well. 

 Maybe its just a final final date for when decisions will be out?

I agree. I've always heard that they get to know by May 15th, I hope it doesn't go longer than that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wannabdoctor said:

A friend of mine told me about it first. Then I checked the admissions package and it states that the "applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by May 31st"

This wasn't a recent change as I have the printed version of the admissions package from September.  Idk if the date the same in the previous years' admission packages as well. 

 Maybe its just a final final date for when decisions will be out?

I read that too. I interpreted it as May 30th would be the latest possible date we would hear....May 15 has been relatively consistent in the past. Fingers crossed!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Speculator said:

Could the university release acceptances before May 15th? Is this thread just because in previous years May 15th has been the acceptance date? 

May 15th has been the day in the past! But there isn't a confirmed date anywhere that I am aware of...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Qplsmxksowi said:

all the classes going online with uregina, wondering even if we get in how they are going to have the program ? 

how are they going to do all the labs!!? 

The latest email from USask states that we might still have labs and other activities, just that the classes will be online. I guess it might be more manageable because labs typically do have fewer people? That said, the details are still being hashed out and we wont know for sure till end of May but I really hope they don't cancel the program :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tallshirts said:

FWIW - I got an email saying that letters are probably going out this week, even though the bulletin says they will go out before May 31.

The last 5 years it has been May 15th so that would make sense. Did the email sound like it would be the very end of the week? Fingers crossed for earlier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Qplsmxksowi said:

all the classes going online with uregina, wondering even if we get in how they are going to have the program ? 

how are they going to do all the labs!!? 

A friend of mine was told by a faculty member from the u of s that regular classes will be online but the college of medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine will be on campus! Not sure if that will hold true but that’s what they were told

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Medicine12345 said:

Does anyone know if we can get our waitlist rank if we e-mail admissions? thanks!

I remember the office stating at some point that they wont be revealing your waitlist rank at all, even if you email them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tallshirts said:

FWIW - I got an email saying that letters are probably going out this week, even though the bulletin says they will go out before May 31.

Wait did everyone receive an email from the medical school? I haven't received anything lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...