Premed 101 Forums

Patiently waiting for May 15, 2020

6 hours ago, tallshirts said:

FWIW - I got an email saying that letters are probably going out this week, even though the bulletin says they will go out before May 31.

Would you mind sharing that email with the rest of us as a screenshot? There seems to be quite a few people who did not receive it. 

2 hours ago, tallshirts said:

I won't post a screenshot, sorry. I emailed on another subject and I asked about the date. I don't imagine others would have received it, unless they asked a similar question.

Did they give you an inkling as you what day it would be?

18 hours ago, Scorbix said:

Admission offers generally have come out around the 15th of May, and most times -- if not always, I remember correctly -- come out on the Friday closest to the 15th of the month. Until then, try to relax.

Last year they came on May 15, which was a Wednesday. Incidentally, it was the same day as U of M offers, whose 2020 offers came out today. 

42 minutes ago, Cactus93 said:

It does not look like today is the day. I am wondering, do people think we will see any different trends this year with the new admissions officer? Different GPAs/mcat. The interview seemed different? What are people speculating 

I don't think there will be any difference as the weightage is the same as previous years. 
I still think the results will be out tmr, as all other western med schools have made a decision. 
And, The interview was different due to Covid-19 and not due to the new dean. But, in 24 hours we will find out. until then, lets all try to relax and hope for the best.