Premed 101 Forums

Oop waitlist score poll 2019/2020

Oop waitlist score poll 2019/2020  

27 members have voted

1. 1. The last thread had too low of a range and doesn’t provide much information for those oop above 72 points.

• 83+
    • 82-82.9
    • 81-81.9
    • 80-80.9
    • 79-79.9
    • 78-78.9
    • 77-77.9
    • 76-76.9
    • 75-75.9
    • 74-74.9
    • 73-73.9
    • 72-72.9
    • 71-71.9
    • 70-70.9
    • Less than 70

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, londonboy said:

Has anyone heard of any OOP waitlist movement? And do they usually email or call if you are taken off the waitlist?

Congrats to those OOP who got accepted to other schools!

I just got my offer today! They emailed me, and gave me 2 days to decide whether I want to move forward with my offer. I will probably decline as I got accepted to other med schools in Ontario though. 

Good luck to everyone!

10 minutes ago, Whitehorse243 said:

I just got my offer today! They emailed me, and gave me 2 days to decide whether I want to move forward with my offer. I will probably decline as I got accepted to other med schools in Ontario though. 

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats, that's amazing!!! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your score so we can have an idea of where they might be on the waitlist?

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Chels1267 said:

GPA is linear so 4.0=15/15, 3.9=14/15 etc.

The first time i applied i had a 23/25 for MCAT and GPA, second time i applied i got a 21 (with the same GPA and MCAT). so i dont think its just linear, it must to be normalized and compared to your pool. 

58 minutes ago, Mel96 said:

The first time i applied i had a 23/25 for MCAT and GPA, second time i applied i got a 21 (with the same GPA and MCAT). so i dont think its just linear, it must to be normalized and compared to your pool. 

That may be, although over the last 5-6 years the MCAT requirement has changed so the difference in score could be based on that too. I applied last year and this year with the same GPA/MCAT but got an academic score that differed by 2 points because of the MCAT change.

36 minutes ago, Chels1267 said:

That may be, although over the last 5-6 years the MCAT requirement has changed so the difference in score could be based on that too. I applied last year and this year with the same GPA/MCAT but got an academic score that differed by 2 points because of the MCAT change.

Could you elaborate on that please? how did the MCAT requirement change and did it affect your score negatively or positively?

3 hours ago, akrobatik said:

Could you elaborate on that please? how did the MCAT requirement change and did it affect your score negatively or positively?

The minimum score to apply increased, decreased and then increased again over those years so how many points they gave depended on that. This year the minimum was increased compared to last year, and as a result I somehow lost 2 points.