Premed 101 Forums

USASK PHARM CLASS OF 2024

pharmgal56

20 hours ago, pharmgal56 said:

Hi everyone! I know this is a little late, but I noticed there hasn't been a thread for this year's applicants yet. Please feel free to use this to share any updated information or your own statistics if you'd like. I'm an in-province applicant, and have a weighted average of 78%. I think I did well on the CASPER test, but definitely slipped up on one of the interview questions. Does anyone know if I have a chance of getting in?

I'am also an in Province student, I have similar GPA to urs. I don't think that I did to good on the CASPER and I also slipped on one of the interview questions but I still have hope because I don't think a lot of people apply since the program has changed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 1738 said:

does anyone else's "final grades" still say "not received"? i sent email on monday and randi said grades will be retrieved this week (for IP) but mine still says not received.

Yup, still says "not received" on my end (for the official transcript), however I'm also an OOP applicant.

10 hours ago, Pharm 2020 said:

So if everything is online, do you think people who lives outside of saskatoon or from a different province should stay home and just do the course there?

I’m from outside of Saskatoon too and was thinking about this as well!! I think we’ll just have to gather more info from the college on whether there’s still any chance of in person labs or seminars (maybe they’ll be held in smaller groups of people at a time or something) ! It would be nice not having to worry about accommodations that first semester though

3 minutes ago, PotentialPharmer said:

I’m from outside of Saskatoon too and was thinking about this as well!! I think we’ll just have to gather more info from the college on whether there’s still any chance of in person labs or seminars (maybe they’ll be held in smaller groups of people at a time or something) ! It would be nice not having to worry about accommodations that first semester though

Yeah, I was looking at the curriculum and the classes, it does not look like there are any labs for first year pharmacy but I could be wrong

June 29, 2020 19h42 the Dean sent an email. I got accepted but official letter will be sent out later. I am an out of province applicant (Ontario) and will be accepting my offer :) let me know if there a Facebook group or something for those who got in :) Also first semester is done online only. So we don't have to move until after xmas! 

On 6/30/2020 at 4:48 AM, Farm-D said:

June 29, 2020 19h42 the Dean sent an email. I got accepted but official letter will be sent out later. I am an out of province applicant (Ontario) and will be accepting my offer :) let me know if there a Facebook group or something for those who got in :) Also first semester is done online only. So we don't have to move until after xmas! 

Congrats! I got waitlisted and am very anxious. When is the deadline to accept your offer? I kind of want to have an idea of if and when the waitlisted individuals will be notified. 

8 hours ago, hkc said:

Congrats! I got waitlisted and am very anxious. When is the deadline to accept your offer? I kind of want to have an idea of if and when the waitlisted individuals will be notified. 

I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully there will be some movement this year. The initial emails from the dean didn't include an acceptance timeline unfortunately. I have no idea if that info could be elsewhere on the PAWS site though. I'll try to update as soon as I can with the timeline info.

31 minutes ago, concrete_pinata said:

Just got an email this morning from the programs admin about a downloadable letter, not sure how we're meant to access it (through our NSID/Outlook account, maybe?). Does anyone here happen to know? Thanks in advance 

I can't find that letter either. They did link the one website in the email, but besides changing my status to complete nothing has changed for me.