Premed 101 Forums

Hard 85% minimum UAA requirement for OOP?

11 hours ago, Ss123toy said:

I am OOP. My UAA is 84.70. Any chance this would get rounded up or am I ineligible to apply?

They don't round up, but this doesn't mean you're ineligible. Your average at Sask will be different than at any other school - they used a different conversion table for my school than OMSAS did and it actually raised my average a fair bit. I would contact them and get them to send you the grade conversion table for your school's grades to U of S's system.

Reminder though that the minimum MCAT you needed to even interview this year was 98th percentile, so if you aren't at least in the 95th I would probably save the money and apply elsewhere.

4 hours ago, burneraccount909 said:

They don't round up, but this doesn't mean you're ineligible. Your average at Sask will be different than at any other school - they used a different conversion table for my school than OMSAS did and it actually raised my average a fair bit. I would contact them and get them to send you the grade conversion table for your school's grades to U of S's system.

Reminder though that the minimum MCAT you needed to even interview this year was 98th percentile, so if you aren't at least in the 95th I would probably save the money and apply elsewhere.

Thanks, I'll email them. I'm a UBC student so I get my grades as percentages, not letters. Do you think there is still a conversion involved?

6 hours ago, burneraccount909 said:

Do you know what they convert an A-, A, and A+ to percent wise?

18 hours ago, Ss123toy said:

I am OOP. My UAA is 84.70. Any chance this would get rounded up or am I ineligible to apply?

In the admissions book it mentions that they only convert to a percent if one is not already available. I am not sure about rounding sorry! Median accepted grades last year was an 88.27% so I'm not sure if they round. 

2 hours ago, Speculator said:

Do you know what they convert an A-, A, and A+ to percent wise?

Can't find the email but an A- was around an 85, and the A & A+ were in the low to mid 90s range. Not sure what school you're looking for but I think the conversions are school specific so your best bet is to email them and ask.