Premed 101 Forums

8 minutes ago, tryingtoohard said:

You can't fill UBC's english requirements by taking the courses in the summer unfortunately. I am also trying to apply to UBC and I have to take the two English courses during the semester, because I heard they don't count summer courses and the English requirement would not be fulfilled.

Where does it say that English courses taken in the summer cannot fulfill the 1 year English requirement because as far as I know, most schools count the courses taken for pre-requisite requirements, but not for GPA.

2 hours ago, BBALLCBMJ said:

Where does it say that English courses taken in the summer cannot fulfill the 1 year English requirement because as far as I know, most schools count the courses taken for pre-requisite requirements, but not for GPA.

Oh okay then I'm not too sure. I go to Uvic and most people there apply to UBC medicine, and a lot of them told me that UBC does not look at summer courses, therefore english courses taken in the summer won't fulfil the prerequisite either.

1 hour ago, tryingtoohard said:

Oh okay then I'm not too sure. I go to Uvic and most people there apply to UBC medicine, and a lot of them told me that UBC does not look at summer courses, therefore english courses taken in the summer won't fulfil the prerequisite either.

This is taken directly from the UBC Medicine website. 

Courses taken during the summer of the application year are treated as courses in progress. They are excluded from academic average calculations and do not count toward the credits needed for the AGPA, but will ultimately count for credit towards the 90 minimum credits and/or completion of the English requirement.  Summer courses from past years are included in the academic evaluation.

44 minutes ago, BBALLCBMJ said:

This is taken directly from the UBC Medicine website. 

Courses taken during the summer of the application year are treated as courses in progress. They are excluded from academic average calculations and do not count toward the credits needed for the AGPA, but will ultimately count for credit towards the 90 minimum credits and/or completion of the English requirement.  Summer courses from past years are included in the academic evaluation.

Oh I had no idea, thanks so much, and sorry that I gave you wrong information. I need to go register for the summer English courses now.