Premed 101 Forums

Any other low GPA non-trad people?

3 minutes ago, LowGPA said:

Hey I’m not non-trad but definitely got an interview with a very low GPA and Mac is my only interview as well. 

I’m in the same boat as you; constantly freaking out and checking every email I get to see if they released the new evaluation criteria so that I can gauge my chances this cycle. 

Just 20 more days to go

Group hug for the low GPA gang lol

I have a real bad feeling we're gonna find out at 11:59 PM on May 11 :unsure:

On 4/22/2020 at 2:52 PM, ijustwantanmd said:

What is a "low GPA" I know a lot of time people mean 3.8 ish, is that what you mean?

no I'm lower. lol

On 4/22/2020 at 3:02 PM, HeyMrSnowman said:

I would assume people are referring to anything below the average matriculated GPA, which is 3.87.

I would say probably < 3.8 is low. The matriculant GPA has been 3.84 before so the actual avg is around 3.85 which is basically everyone's GPA

58 minutes ago, short_stack said:

no I'm a 3.73. lol

I would say probably < 3.8 is low. The matriculant GPA has been 3.84 before so the actual avg is around 3.85 which is basically everyone's GPA

I'm sitting below 3.7 haha. Treating it as another opportunity next year. Hang in there.

Assuming that CASPer will end up being weighted highest, it is kind of nice to know that with a low GPA, CASPer must have been decently high though! With a high GPA/CARS you wouldn't really know about CASPer (could be high or low) which leaves lots of uncertainty in this new process in terms of trying to figure out chances...

10 hours ago, short_stack said:

Group hug for the low GPA gang lol

I have a real bad feeling we're gonna find out at 11:59 PM on May 11 :unsure:

Oh boy. I'm going to avoid any temptation from checking OMSAS after 12 AM. 

You either see nothing because you're waitlisted / rejected or you either see nothing because the system doesn't release anything until emails are out. I'll end up giving myself false hope. Yikes!

42 minutes ago, theinbetween said:

You either see nothing because you're waitlisted / rejected or you either see nothing because the system doesn't release anything until emails are out. I'll end up giving myself false hope. Yikes!

I thought offers are visible at midnight on OMSAS?

10 minutes ago, theinbetween said:

I heard it was only last year and it may have been a glitch. But that's just what I've been reading on here so I'm not a 100% sure.

Thanks for clarifying. I was literally planning to stay up for it on the 11th. Now I can at least lie in bed and stare at my ceiling all night lol

1 minute ago, short_stack said:

Thanks for clarifying. I was literally planning to stay up for it on the 11th. Now I can at least lie in bed and stare at my ceiling all night lol

Same. I don't want to check just incase there is nothing and it simply just means nothing and then having to wait until morning to reallllly know the dark truth. Omg that is going to be the worst night I can just tell.

17 hours ago, theinbetween said:

Last year it showed Acceptances and Rejects at midnight. I was lucky enough to log on at 12:01am and see a big X indicating a rejection. This was for Western though. I believe acceptance was a green checkmark and it says "offer"