Premed 101 Forums

U of A OT Waitlist movement 2020

20 hours ago, excitedforfuture said:

Hey guys, I got waitlisted this year for U of A OT. Just wanted to start this forum so people can maybe see if the list is going to make any movements. I’m not sure if I’m in the top or bottom of the list. 

If you email asking if you’re in the upper or bottom half they will tell you and the waitlist usually moves by half! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, AbsoluteDingus said:

I have not heard of any movement last time I checked, I wonder if it's because they're slow to open up? I'm certain that at least some people must have declined their offer... 

You can always call and ask the office about movement but for those of you who are anxious, the Facebook group for the first years has 95 members not including upper years so that would leave at least 25 spots for people on the waitlist provided all those who were accepted joined the group as was recommended. 

On 6/16/2020 at 7:53 PM, OThopefully said:

You can always call and ask the office about movement but for those of you who are anxious, the Facebook group for the first years has 95 members not including upper years so that would leave at least 25 spots for people on the waitlist provided all those who were accepted joined the group as was recommended. 

I suppose you were right; I just received my acceptance for u of A's OT a few hours ago! Thank you all for riding it out with me and I wish you all the best of luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been accepted to UBC, but U of A is my first choice! Does anyone know whether there is more waitlist movement near the end of the summer? A few weeks ago they said I was around #25-35...I'm anxious as I'll have to decide soon since I'd need to move to Vancouver if U of A doesn't accept me. I'd be okay with Calgary campus as well!

Thanks!

12 hours ago, OTAlbertahopeful said:

I've been accepted to UBC, but U of A is my first choice! Does anyone know whether there is more waitlist movement near the end of the summer? A few weeks ago they said I was around #25-35...I'm anxious as I'll have to decide soon since I'd need to move to Vancouver if U of A doesn't accept me. I'd be okay with Calgary campus as well!

Thanks!

Hi! How did you find out that you are 25-35? Did you ask your standing and they gave you a range?

Wish I could help with your question but unfortunately I don't have the answer (or even the slightest clue). 

Congrats on getting accepted into UBC but fingers crossed you get into U of A! 

Hi! I actually emailed asking if they could give me an idea of where I am on the waitlist, and they gave me that range. They said they'd only respond to one waitlist inquiry per month and that the waitlist is only moving slightly. 

Thanks though! I'm nervous to move to a new city during a pandemic, but I guess I should start mentally prepare myself!

48 minutes ago, sasky said:

Hi! How did you find out that you are 25-35? Did you ask your standing and they gave you a range?

Wish I could help with your question but unfortunately I don't have the answer (or even the slightest clue). 

Congrats on getting accepted into UBC but fingers crossed you get into U of A! 

Oops, sorry I just figured out how to quote someone! I responded above :)