Premed 101 Forums

U of S invites

IP waitlisted

top third

GPA: ~87

DAT: 21/20/19

Does anyone know whats going on? I've been reading into previous years and there was movement on the waitlist during the deadline to deposit (which is usually at the end of april), and during the med school invites. Did Merissa loose access to her computer or are we actually that doomed?

Someone please take one for the team and ask her. peace <3

update: I sent the admissions office an e-mail asking if the waitlist has moved, and got an automatic reply stating that the office/administrator is currently working in a remote area, which could be the reason why we're not getting any notifications as of now.  So I guess, as everyone else says, just be patient! 

7 hours ago, ancientsoul said:

update: I sent the admissions office an e-mail asking if the waitlist has moved, and got an automatic reply stating that the office/administrator is currently working in a remote area, which could be the reason why we're not getting any notifications as of now.  So I guess, as everyone else says, just be patient! 

i asked last week and they said they couldn't disclose that info

9 hours ago, ancientsoul said:

Did you contact Merissa’s email and got that reply?

1 hour ago, c5555 said:

Did you contact Merissa’s email and got that reply?

I contacted the admissions office, which I'm assuming may be Merissa. I don't know what the issue is with none of us being notified of any seats being available, as this time last year was much different. But I guess we'll  just have to wait and see. 

On 5/23/2020 at 1:14 AM, ancientsoul said:

Did they email you back with any update? 

I definitely think that based on past years and taking COVID-19 into account, everything has been delayed. I strongly disagree that no movement has happened right now, since usually there is movement in April to start. Plus, med’s waitlist has moved significantly in less than three weeks of getting their results. Ours should too if it’s been over a month and a half since results went out. I feel like the list has moved but it’s not the college’s very first priority to notify us of that! I’m crossing my fingers to hear something soon

2 hours ago, c5555 said:

I definitely think that based on past years and taking COVID-19 into account, everything has been delayed. I strongly disagree that no movement has happened right now, since usually there is movement in April to start. Plus, med’s waitlist has moved significantly in less than three weeks of getting their results. Ours should too if it’s been over a month and a half since results went out. I feel like the list has moved but it’s not the college’s very first priority to notify us of that! I’m crossing my fingers to hear something soon

I agree with you! It's very hard to believe, not only because I don't want to, but because it just doesn't make sense. Im hoping it's a glitch in the process, but until we find out, we can only wait. It is just very frustrating that they haven't communicated with us in over 2 months now. But that's U of S I guess lol :s

3 hours ago, c5555 said:

Yeah that could be the case too. Med's wait-list moved probably because there's 90 seats so higher chance that someone will drop and ours are only 20 and I know 4 of the people who're in. None of them are planning to drop it. Just fingers crossed at this point 

On 5/23/2020 at 1:14 AM, ancientsoul said:

What was the exact message that you got in reply? “Remote area” leads me to believe that she is in the middle of nowhere without service or access to anything or something.. I’m so confused how we are so left in the dark!

1 hour ago, c5555 said:

What was the exact message that you got in reply? “Remote area” leads me to believe that she is in the middle of nowhere without service or access to anything or something.. I’m so confused how we are so left in the dark!

sorry I should've rephrased that, but what she said exactly was that she is "working remotely", which could just mean that shes working from home.